Why is it So hard to land the MI 8 - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #51
msalama
Veteran

No, I mean the controller assignments and possible axis curves you may have put in. You sure those haven't been mangled for any reason?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #52
Havremonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
No, I mean the controller assignments and possible axis curves you may have put in. You sure those haven't been mangled for any reason?
I did try to delete the controller profile and after I tryed to fly with default input (no button or axis change) and still having problem. Guess it must be me then…
But thanks for the help anyway
Havremonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:08 PM   #53
FragBum

Yeah it takes a bit to get the Mi-8 keep at it it a very rewarding helicopter to fly. Happy to jump online in MP if that's doable.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #54
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havremonster View Post
I did try to delete the controller profile and after I tryed to fly with default input (no button or axis change) and still having problem. Guess it must be me then…
But thanks for the help anyway
He didn't mean you to only delete it. DCS is notoriously bad at assigning axis automatically. After recreation, go into axis assignments and make sure it hasn't come up with some strange settings, conflicts if you have several controllers connected. Don't bother about the buttons.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #55
Razor18

Quote:
No matter how slow I take it, when it comes to a certain points the whole helicopter begin to shake and it's only down from there. Even if I try to give it some throttle again when the shaking begins. I use a Saitec X52 Pro, but as I wrote earlyer, I never had so big problem with it before.

You meant a bit more collective when it starts to shake, not throttle, right? Or did we just find the reason for your VRS?
Razor18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #56
Havremonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18 View Post
You meant a bit more collective when it starts to shake, not throttle, right? Or did we just find the reason for your VRS?
Yes, sorry I mean collective
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2018.07.14 - 14.51.17.99.png
Views:	11
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	189894  
Old 07-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #57
Havremonster

I have also tryed differents settings in the "spesial options" without any changes.
What is the best settings here (see Picture)
I use a Saitek X52 Pro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2018.07.14 - 14.56.42.14.png
Views:	14
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	189895  
Old 07-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #58
Razor18

Quote:
I have also tryed differents settings in the "spesial options" without any changes. What is the best settings here (see Picture)
I use a Saitek X52 Pro

I don't think a curve change would solve your problem to be honest. From what you wrote, you simply need to add more collective as soon as you see your VSI starts going down. Shaking is a sign of coming out of transitional lift, which means you need to add more collective to keep the VSI from decreasing beyond controllable.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:16 PM   #59
Quadg

get into a stationary hover and note the degrees of blade pitch needed to maintain it.

because this is the amount you have to have to hover.

so when coming to a stop and the vibrations start, raise the collective till you have the same blade pitch on the blade pitch indicator.

if the rotor starts to slow down and the generators fail then you raised the collective too quickly.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #60
Razor18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadg View Post
get into a stationary hover and note the degrees of blade pitch needed to maintain it.

because this is the amount you have to have to hover.

so when coming to a stop and the vibrations start, raise the collective till you have the same blade pitch on the blade pitch indicator.

if the rotor starts to slow down and the generators fail then you raised the collective too quickly.

The blade angle that holds you in sationary hover in ground effect will probably not be enough to stop your decent out of ground effect. Just my 2 cent.