No joy firing missles

Scepter

I have tried various means to fire missiles on the F-15C. I had posted on the Flaming Cliffs/F-15C site to no avail. The key bindings for "weapons release" is "RAlt=Space". I have bound it to my #2 button on my Saitek X52 Pro. Pressed it for 2, 3, 4 secs and no result. I bound the keys to my SST profile and it fires one round from the gun, nothing else. I have tried a clean reinstall, unplugged/plugged my stick, clear cache, run as administrator, re-boot, nothing. The funny thing is is that it worked fine a couple of weeks ago. My rig is running an x299 MoBo, GeForce 1070, Pentium 7820. At a loss.

i think you need to bind it to "Cannon second detent" for A/A and cannon if i recall correctly.. weapon release usually works for rockets and bombs..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

There is no "cannon second detent" for the F-15.

"Weapon fire" shoots the gun, "weapon release" fires missiles.

Sounds like you have some funny business going on for sure, Scepter. Does the keybind work if you use the keyboard?

If you're using the SST software, does that allow a continuous press of the button or does it only send a short single keypress since it's a macro?

So possibly the issue is both that SST is not allowing the Ralt modifier, as well as only sending a single short keypress...likely a Saitek issue rather than a DCS one.

Try bypassing SST for your weapon release button and binding the standard button press directly in DCS (I think you can just select "DirectX" from a drop down menu? Never used their software with the only Saitek stick I had)

I believe there's a button type option or something like that where you can select whether it's a macro or a standard joystick button press? Or perhaps just delete all bindings from that button in the Saitek software?

As I said I've never used the software myself so I couldn't tell you exactly where it is but I know it's there, several of the guys in my VFS use Saitek hardware and have had to disable a few buttons for different purposes.