Helo servers, clans and squadrons to practice for DCS black shark?

hannibal

I have just completed my sim pit w/ collective, cyclic and torque pedals,

ok, i am ready to fly and practice on helicopters...

for the most part i have been on battlefield 2..

but i want to know whats the most popular (or even unpopular) game or sim to fly helicopters?

i see the are some on EECH1 and EECH2.

my goal is to practice for the upcoming DCS black shark..

but i would like to learn helicopter tactics, formation runs, or even trick stunt helicopter flying..

suggestions?

if it is FSX..what servers??

EECH what servers?

other helicopter sims...please tell me what there are and where to play, a clan or squadron would be nice!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

interesting squadron...but so far i noticed it is mostly LoMAC...

are they planning to get together and form some kind of group for a military helicopter sim? sims, like janes longbow, EECH, X-plane, or even battlefield2?

i just want to practice flying helicopters as a group...i see in the vvs504 site all the eye candy shots of plane formations...i want to do it with a helicopter sim (thats currently out)

Ill say X-Plane, got a helipilot friend, he has FSX and X-plane and the one he uses is X-Plane, for the reason that its the best flight model for helicopters on the marked ( exept the big ones til millions ) and the avionics in 3d cockpit is the best yet, but the there is few good helicopters to x-plane, thats the bad news.

I personally like to fly in x-plane in helicopters for the reason that its the best

i just made an X-Fire account...

my user name for X-Fire is 'hannibal636'

those who want to start getting together for an online helicopter community...join me in X-Fire? first thing is keeping in touch..

i am flying helicopters on battlefield2, and EECH... looking to get a copy of FSX and X-Plane

Since you play BF2, Armed Assault might be something interesting. Only for tactics though as the FM and avionics is much like BF2. But you got huge areas to test tactics in and also a bigger variety of helis. And they got more functions i guess. Some mods installed from the community and you got many different helis, countermeasures, ejection seat on the KA50 etc. And ofcourse you dont have to do the flag capturing business, but more mission based gameplay where you can support a convoy or just do CAS to a bunch of players taking a town etc etc. You can also be resposible for moving players and gear to the front in BH's or MI's. Black Hawks can transport hummers and artillery etc.

Again its not realistic when it comes to the air, but you sure can train some tactics and have a lot of fun during the wait for the real deal. ;)

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

To improve your piloting skills, X-Plane is the only way to go. You can try a 10 minute demo version and those 10 minutes will convince you, that FSX and BF2 can't match it (in terms of FM).

As far as I know X-Plane is the only simulator that models most effects of BS like:

*Settling with power

*Transverse flow effect

*Realistic autorotation

*Birdstrike ;)

I would suggest flying Flaming Cliffs--even though it's not a helo sim--you can get familiar with the Russian cockpit, and navigation and weapons systems that will surely make your transition to the ka-50 easier/quicker.

I would suggest flying Flaming Cliffs--even though it's not a helo sim--you can get familiar with the Russian cockpit, and navigation and weapons systems that will surely make your transition to the ka-50 easier/quicker.

But keep in mind that the modelling of avionics and weaponsystems in FC can't be compared to BS. Most imortant the Vikhr will be much more limited and the Skhval will require much more configuration.

I doubt there is game out there to realy prepare you for BS. Maybe tactics and flight skills, but nothing will give you the experience of having to care about all that at the same time.

interesting squadron...but so far i noticed it is mostly LoMAC...

are they planning to get together and form some kind of group for a military helicopter sim? sims, like janes longbow, EECH, X-plane, or even battlefield2?

i just want to practice flying helicopters as a group...i see in the vvs504 site all the eye candy shots of plane formations...i want to do it with a helicopter sim (thats currently out)

We are slowly moving towards Helos, as we've pretty much had our share of the current flyables of LO:FC. We'll be concentrating on learning how to operate helo's as much as we can with at least FSX, which most of our members have. When DCS is finally released, we'll dive into it 100%. :)

You can come over to my website and join up we have been flying FSX helicopters practicing for DCS BS, once this sim hits the selves I am sure we will have a BS server running 24/7 with plenty of people flying the Ka-50's

All are welcome we don't just fly Falcon a few people fly Lomac and Flaming Cliffs from time to time, we play ArmA and Battlefield 2 also, you can get our teamspeak info on the website..

http://www.multiviper.com

o yah we are not a Squad or a Wing just a bunch of people who enjoy flight sims

Hey multiviper, are you going to host FF5 sessions if their multiplayer part really works out as well as they the devs say it does?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hey multiviper, are you going to host FF5 sessions if their multiplayer part really works out as well as they the devs say it does?

Yes

we are just waiting for it, I hope its MP is fixed...

A lot of people think we just fly AF this is not true we FLY all sims that are worth flying...

:pilotfly:

Since you play BF2, Armed Assault might be something interesting. Only for tactics though as the FM and avionics is much like BF2. But you got huge areas to test tactics in and also a bigger variety of helis. And they got more functions i guess. Some mods installed from the community and you got many different helis, countermeasures, ejection seat on the KA50 etc.

Again its not realistic when it comes to the air, but you sure can train some tactics and have a lot of fun during the wait for the real deal. ;)

I have Amed Assualt..i absolutely hate the helicopter flight model...

i feel like im fighting the controls on the Cobra..let alone the view of flying..looks slow, but your actually going really fast...

im willing to go back into it for practice... going in to those ArmA servers is a turn off to me sometime, when i dont even have the rank to fly a helicopter in the game session...

Ill say X-Plane, got a helipilot friend, he has FSX and X-plane and the one he uses is X-Plane, for the reason that its the best flight model for helicopters on the marked ( exept the big ones til millions ) and the avionics in 3d cockpit is the best yet, but the there is few good helicopters to x-plane, thats the bad news.

I personally like to fly in x-plane in helicopters for the reason that its the best

does x-plane come with that Hughes MD500, or is that an add-on? what are the few good helicopters are you refering to?....do tell!

does it support trackIR??

one or two good helicopters is all i need, i dont eed 50 of them

does x-plane come with that Hughes MD500, or is that an add-on? what are the few good helicopters are you refering to?....do tell!

does it support trackIR??

one or two good helicopters is all i need, i dont eed 50 of them

Hey Hannibal, the Hughes MD500 is an addon you can get from http://www.x-plane.org/ the other helicopters is chenook ( dont know if I spelled it right :P ) and there is also Robinson R22beta, it dos follow x-plane.

and a great helicopter tutorial http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=32267, but can say its kinda usesless for Karmov, for the tutorial is for mane rotor and tailrotor system ( but its good anyway :) )

there is support for trackir standard, but thats only 2dof, but there is a plugin that supports 5dof, will do a little search to find the different things in X-plane ( im at work need to see my x-plane folder to see what plane there is good )

Forgot http://www.hovercontrol.com/ its a good place if you vanna go for full out for helicopters, privat or military, this is a good place for learning

Edited by Stephy

X-Plane?

no 6 dof???

wtf?

5 dof is fine...im not crazy about head tilting anyway..its useless...

but i do find that out of box 2dof support is unacceptable for a full fledge flight sim..i think its kinda corney to have to use an addd-on for 5 dof support

Ya I know austin is busy still, there will take some time, the reason he hasnt done 6 dof, is that he constantly updating the laminar research system in x-plane, the part that take the different flight model from the airplane/helicopter and simulate it realtime, and found EC120 Colibri also created by the team behind Hughes, the rest I have is payware.

But think Im going off topic here right now, so no more x-plane from me :) any question maybe best PM me

some of the vids of x-plane looks good..that teaser trailer looks awesome...i guess i would have to try the demo...

at the moment..i dont think i will be aquiring x-plane, unless there is a bigger player base...these guys from vvs504 seem to have a good number of players wanting to go into helicopter combat practice...seems like FSX will be the platform to practice...(and BF2 also)... plus the more serious heli guys are hovercontrol.com also use FSX as the sim platform...