[Investigating]Gazelle Minigun - No mouse control for minigun in VR

toilet2000

The Gazelle Minigun mouse control does not work in VR. Following the exact procedure described in the text file does not work in VR. Basically, the mouse cursor disappear when double-clicking the mouse wheel, but moving the mouse (even after single-clicking the mouse wheel) does nothing.

One other thing is that the camera is badly placed in VR. It's right over the gun just in front of the holographic sight. It should be exactly where the gunner head is placed.

Lastly, the holographic sight uses a static texture, where it should in fact use a sight picture that acts a bit like a HUD (the sight is projected at infinity).

• 2 weeks later...

Polychop Please Also include an Option for Mouse Aiming/Control of the Minigun.

The default view blows too. Using TiR I can hardly view the entire gun's swivel range without my chin in my chest and/or looking over or around the frames of my glasses (which are HUGE ... just for TiR and DCS !!).

SnowTiger:joystick:

Polychop Please Also include an Option for Mouse Aiming/Control of the Minigun.

The default view blows too. Using TiR I can hardly view the entire gun's swivel range without my chin in my chest and/or looking over or around the frames of my glasses (which are HUGE ... just for TiR and DCS !!).

this is already the case, but a lot of features do not work with the 2.5.1 update.

will probably be solved with the future patch

• 1 month later...

BTW - Is it just me or do others find the Minigun's Swivel Range to be a bit lacking ?

It seems that one has to be either shooting from very low (dangerous) or from miles away.

The gun doesn't swivel Down very far making it so that it would be impossible to defend the chopper from below if anyone was shooting from below.

Furthermore, the swing/swivel to the rear of the chopper is pretty lousy too. So if you don't get the target on the approach or by the time you have just passed it, you can't swivel the gun far enough Back to hit the target.

I spend more time trying to get the shots NEAR the target let alone hit anything.

The target has to be too far away to really get a bead on it and then it is difficult to see. Especially if it is Ground Troops.

Is it just me or could this be seriously improved ?

PS> I am sure that door gunners could (IRL) shoot almost straight down without "aiming". They'd just follow the tracers.

BTW - Is it just me or do others find the Minigun's Swivel Range to be a bit lacking ?

Perhaps IRL used for fire suppression, but I haven't made much use of the minigun in DCS as AFAIK it lacks a AI gunner.

Is it just me or could this be improved ?

PS> I am sure that door gunners could (IRL) shoot almost straight down without "aiming". They'd just follow the tracers.

There is a Facebook video of the real thing and it looks similar to what we have, however, some of the night tracers do look angled down but it's hard to tell as it's pitch black and the camera in another helicopter, was behind the line of fire and most likely using a telephoto lens, what do you think ?

https://www.facebook.com/LeGamStat/videos/281867828964985/

Still photos from the same tests, show the gunner strapped into his seat (to stop him falling out, etc.), so his ability to move around and angle the gun is most likely restricted.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Perhaps IRL used for fire suppression, but I haven't made much use of the minigun in DCS as AFAIK it lacks a AI gunner.

There is a Facebook video of the real thing and it looks similar to what we have, however, some of the night tracers do look angled down but it's hard to tell as it's pitch black and the camera in another helicopter, was behind the line of fire and most likely using a telephoto lens, what do you think ?

https://www.facebook.com/LeGamStat/videos/281867828964985/

Still photos from the same tests, show the gunner strapped into his seat (to stop him falling out, etc.), so his ability to move around and angle the gun is most likely restricted.

I agree that it is hard to tell, but it does look pretty much vertical or at least much closer to straight down than our Sim version is capable of. Even strapped in (as I would expect anyone to be) that wouldn't prevent them from reaching the gun and tipping it the barrels down to shoot down. It's only a matter of reach and I'd say it's well within reach. Great Video. Thanks for sharing that. PS> I haven't tried the AI door gunner yet to see if it works or how well. But now that you mentioned it, I'm going to have to give it a try.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still Radio Silence from Polychop in ED Forums I see.

It doesn't seem to be any better in their Discord channel either.

Then again, I could care less if they actually replied to anyone as long as they were actually doing something, but I haven't seen a single relevant update from PC in well over a year.

Still Radio Silence from Polychop in ED Forums I see.

It doesn't seem to be any better in their Discord channel either.

Then again, I could care less if they actually replied to anyone as long as they were actually doing something, but I haven't seen a single relevant update from PC in well over a year.

Quite unpolite by your side writing this on the forum while you are being answered in the discord.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Is it ? I have another question in this Forum that was left many months ago and has yet to be answered or replied to and the issue has yet to be resolved.

I posted in Discord while there were two moderators available. Then one of them left. I waited around for a reply and got none. Maybe they have replied by now, I don't know because I don't stay on Discord all day.

So whether or not it's polite is a matter of opinion. I haven't been rude but I am getting pissed about being ignored for many months while this module is being ignored.

Is it ? I have another question in this Forum that was left many months ago and has yet to be answered or replied to and the issue has yet to be resolved.

I posted in Discord while there were two moderators available. Then one of them left. I waited around for a reply and got none. Maybe they have replied by now, I don't know because I don't stay on Discord all day.

So whether or not it's polite is a matter of opinion. I haven't been rude but I am getting pissed about being ignored for many months while this module is being ignored.

We've replied to you on Discord and to clarify, a moderator is not per definition a developer. They are there to moderate discussions and make sure they don't cross any boundaries, not to answer development specific questions. Also keep in mind the time difference between you and the developers.

As for the mouse controls for the minigun variant, we will keep this feature request under consideration. We understand it might add a lot to the playability but also note that right now this is as designed and not a bug.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've replied to you on Discord and to clarify, a moderator is not per definition a developer. They are there to moderate discussions and make sure they don't cross any boundaries, not to answer development specific questions. Also keep in mind the time difference between you and the developers.

As for the mouse controls for the minigun variant, we will keep this feature request under consideration. We understand it might add a lot to the playability but also note that right now this is as designed and not a bug.

I’m sorry but it’s not a feature request. The current implementation is extremely buggy in VR and just not usable.

Edited by toilet2000

• 1 month later...