Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019 - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #81
Cowboy10uk

Oh I was very happy to hear A2A was looking at a Partnership with ED. I use their products exclusively when P3D, no other product comes close for GA flying. IF they were to bring their B17 with accusim to DCS, man that would be a dream come true.

Although I was rather surprised to see our Matt confined to a wheelchair, I had absolutely no idea that he was in one.

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #82
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns View Post
I misread it.

Got to meet Mat, I was really surprised how good this guy felt in the hands.....

WOAH!!!!! Oh you mean the Hornet stick....
Yeah I misread it to initially! Might want to edit that post a bit!
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #83
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy10uk View Post
Although I was rather surprised to see our Matt confined to a wheelchair, I had absolutely no idea that he was in one.
From time ago.... see the old videos and the Wags on Moscow, Our Wags has a Iron Will.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #84
Cowboy10uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
From time ago.... see the old videos and the Wags on Moscow, Our Wags has a Iron Will.
oh he does indeed, Just makes me even more impressed with his flying skills.

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #85
VMFA-Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSqdn View Post
I have a Cougar throttle with the Cubpilot HS upgrade that functions well. That said, if they do this, I hope they fix the nagging issues that required aftermarket fixes:

1) Hall sensor for at least the throttle, plus...
2) CRAPPY range and antenna pots. The antenna pot in particular, is notorious for losing its center detent.
3) Misaligned speedbrake and dogfight switches. I got the aluminum housings for them years ago.

Fixing those issues, plus making it an individual USB standalone controller, would be my goals for such a unit. Switches on the base that mirror the F-16's ENG/JET START panel would be a plus, but not a necessity.

The one other thing that I'd REALLY love, though, would be a better/more realistic detent system, if one can be done without a throttle rail.
Actually I have this HOTAS as well. I've had it for a number of years.. Yes I did have similar issues as the ones that you described. I contacted thrustmaster and they were nice enough to furnish me with all of the switches that I requested for a minimal cost. (this was several years ago). and I bought the hall sensor mod from" IJ."
That cost about 400 USD. I cant remember the actual cost as this was allso some years ago. But anyway I really loved that setup. But I had a lot of trouble trying to install it into the new DCS so I bought a Warthog to replace it. So now I can't wait until the F/A-18 stick is released. Thrustmaster had a fantastic design idea with the ability to interchange the stick with other models. So after all of this time they have finally implemented this idea. It's now becoming a reality... WOW

Blaze
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II
ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12
Windows 10 PRO
Thrustmaster Warthog
Oculus Rift VR

Last edited by VMFA-Blaze; 06-10-2019 at 05:12 PM.
VMFA-Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #86
Wags
ED Team

What a wonderful experience!

The highlight of the show was meeting many of you, or clients, and getting to hear your feedback on our product. It was great to put some faces to user names and hearing what DCS World means to you. Some of the stores were quite inspirational.

Another aspect was meeting with Thrustmaster to discuss what comes after the F-16C and talks with companies like A2A and Orbx about potential cooperation. Skies the limit!

For those that made the show, thanks again for all the kind words and your continued support. We cannot do this without you.

- Wags
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #87
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Accusim in DCS...

Now THAT I'd love to see!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:00 PM   #88
Coxy_99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
What a wonderful experience!

The highlight of the show was meeting many of you, or clients, and getting to hear your feedback on our product. It was great to put some faces to user names and hearing what DCS World means to you. Some of the stores were quite inspirational.

Another aspect was meeting with Thrustmaster to discuss what comes after the F-16C and talks with companies like A2A and Orbx about potential cooperation. Skies the limit!

For those that made the show, thanks again for all the kind words and your continued support. We cannot do this without you.

- Wags
Orbx work is really nice, And his new stuff is really good, Getting him onboard for texture terrain would be good.

100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: 100kiap.teamspeak3.com
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:47 AM   #89
GreatWhiteHype

I hope that Thrustmaster releases the updated Cougar with the fixes that RogueSqdn mentioned as well as any other feedback others have given TM over the years. It is a good combo that continues to serve us well, it needs some love to continue the fight! The R&D is paid for which should theoretically cut down on costs of putting an updated set out there.
I have upgraded my Cougar with the pots on my Cougar stick from rel4y and have been holding out on upgrading my throttle. I an nervous about opening it up and making a mistake, I do not have a spare. Still on the fence about it.
Hopefully a fair amount of pre-orders for DCS F-16 came in to justify TM going forward with their plans. We should not forget the Falcon 4.0 BMS crowd as well! I feel the market is there and ready. I will gladly buy the set if they release it.

Last edited by GreatWhiteHype; 06-11-2019 at 05:42 AM.
GreatWhiteHype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:11 AM   #90
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Burns View Post
I misread it.

Got to meet Mat, I was really surprised how good this guy felt in the hands.....

WOAH!!!!! Oh you mean the Hornet stick....
Yeah, I thought the same thing at first =D
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote