Kneeboard Question still looking for an answer...

granola1861

Alright, this is a question I have posed on several different spots in the forums and have yet to get a reply.

First off this is a 2.0 issue only.

Why do maps appear on some module's kneeboards and not on others. For example, NTTR maps work well on FC3, UH-1, Hawk, and P-51. I can't get the maps on the Mig 21 (only get the "install batteries" pages), Mig-15, and F-86. I haven't checked on the 109 yet. The Migs and Sabre show their respective kneeboard pages for the module (RSBN codes, etc).

I've posted on the Belsimtek and Leatherneck page but crickets. I posted in the 2.0 bugs and problems page and the post got moved to "wishlist". I'm not sure how a normally occurring/ expected function is a wish, but I digress.

All I'm looking for is a "we're aware of this and working on it" from somebody who knows or even a decent workaround. I like the kneeboard function and admittedly rely on it a bit heavily but since the navaids in the map are still getting worked up (I'm willing to wait on that :) ) it is the easiest way to find yourself between waypoints.

As always I'm very appreciative of any assistance one could give. I love DCS and can't wait to see what comes next.

Best,

-Climber

Thanks for the help Syran!

That may definitely be a workaround. All I need to do now is find the maps that are used in the working modules kneeboards.

The file location mentioned in the link doesn't exist in 2.0 alpha. (no terrain file under bazar).

May still be a work in progress I suppose...

Still looking for some info from the mothership though.