My Home Cockpit at UK Fleet Air Arm Museum Sunday 28th Aug 16

Peter_Pilot

Hi All,

I am planning to take my helicopter home cockpit crew seat and controls to the Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton, Somerset, UK on Sunday 28th August 2016. The plastic modelling club I belong to, IPMS South Somerset, will be putting on a display in the museum auditorium and I have permission from the museum management to take my sim along as well. It would be great if any ED Forum members were to come along and say hello.

Best wishes,

Pete.

Here's my setup: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105273

Thanks for your good wishes JG14_Smil, hopefully the day will go well both on the modelling front and the sim. A few years ago I took the sim to the Weston Flight Simulator Convention and received lots of positive comments from those that tried it, which was very satisfying.

Your Ka50 cockpit looks wonderful, you make me want to build some more hardware, I have been planning a Ka50 style switch box for my collective lever for ages so I really ought to get on with it.

Pete.

We had a good day at the Fleet Air Arm Museum, our models and my flight sim setup were on display. Lots of folk tried my sim with varying levels of success at hovering the Huey. It was a bit frustrating watching youngsters making a complete disaster of the flying but if they seemed to be enjoying themselves I was happy. A few of the adults who tried DCS World went away saying they were going to download it and give it a go when they got home.

It is a bit of an exaggeration to call my setup a cockpit but my controls work very well and most people were impressed so I was happy.

Regards,

Pete.

1581452131_Dscn17181280.thumb.jpg.d1803a64af09948ae4824bfa78f4ba61.jpg

Well done Pete, always great to see DCS being shown to the public at events :)

Cibit, we've got through 3 joysticks now using them at Duxford, kids don't understand pull this gently lol

You need something more robust Chris

;)

1827899886_woodenjoystick.jpg.436145d206da1c865b01e382824e53dc.jpg

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shame, only just spotted this thread, or I would have paid a visit; oh well, it's been a while, might go along this weekend instead.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Well done Pete, always great to see DCS being shown to the public at events :)

Cibit, we've got through 3 joysticks now using them at Duxford, kids don't understand pull this gently lol

You need something more robust Chris

;)

We have the same problem at our museum. We use X52's and the users, mostly kids, are supposed to be supervised by a guide when on the sims. Unfortunately it seems some parents can't read.

Ah, well, we only have to repair them a few times a year.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit