Crew Supporting Launches

hein22

What do you guys think? 1- Will they suddenly appear like magic when you hook at the cat? 2- Will they be around all the time and start being animated when you hook at the cat? 3- Will they help taxiing to the cat? If so, will they appear suddenly or be around all the time?

Stay safe

It looks like they are going to direct you to the CAT. If I understood correctly, they will be around all of the time but will not have a collision model.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Impressive...........Now lets us see them comin in Wags

You know he'll spread them out. I'll be shocked if he releases another video within a week. I hope he does though, because I didn't want that one to end.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Something is wrong with the Aim-9 on the wing. In 4:15 minutes of the movie, the rocket begins to disappear and appear.

It's because Wags' head movement. Objects render in & out depending on view perspectives and angles. Same thing happens with the shadows.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I am just glad there are people that know how to create these things.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

If we're looking to nit picks the troubleshooters are (still) too far aft, and as far as I know there's really only one cat crew per set of cats? It seems to me the shooter, troubleshooters, holdback attachment team switch from one set (Cats 1&2 and 3&4) to the other between launches. You can't launch from both cats in a set anyway.

Couple other minor quirks in the video. Nothing worthy of more than a 'huh', including the (maybe) stuff above. Can't want to see what they get released. Might just do boat ops to watch the deck crew run around, doing what they do, jumping overboard when I try to land, throwing rotting vegetation at me when the canopy opens...

looking forward to see how deck crews guide you to elevators to clear decks

They don't. They tow aircraft away but you're out by this time.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If your suggesting when you land they are going to marshal you to a parking spot, then i will be seriously impressed. I am already impressed by the latest Wags video but that would be awesome.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

It's probably simpler than you think, consider that there probably wont be more than 14 parking spots on the deck. I suspect there will be routing from the end of the landing area to each of these spots, then the AI just has to detect whether there is an aircraft parked there to choose which slot it will take.

Obviously its a bit more complex than that, but I doubt its going to be a fully fluid layout of the deck.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2