Mustang not finished?

mastershotgun

Hi Guys,

Is there a plan to finish the plane? Or does ED have any interest to do it?

I mean there are systems that are not implemented... like SCR-695-A IFF, AN/ARA-8, BC-1206 Detrola etc...

Also not all customization options are available like to remove the middle guns in the wing to have more ammo...

I mean there are systems that are not implemented... like SCR-695-A IFF, AN/ARA-8, BC-1206 Detrola etc...

Frankly, I’d prefer ED to focus on finishing the P-47 and Mosquito, rather than add obscure electronics to the Mustang.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You need proper functional environment for these.

SCR-695-A IFF - Alied WWII radars with interrogators

AN/ARA-8 - functional CW mode for VHV radios

BC-1206 Detrola - continental USA map from 30. - 40.

Nothing is in DCS W already or planed for future.

Without these, there is no reason ...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Well, I'm not saying that this is the only issue, nor the single most important issue... I'm just asking if somebody knows if there are working on something or have any plans to address it later...

BTW as far as I can tell there is no frame rate issue with the ww2 planes, but the the Normandy map, and they are working on new terrain engine right now, so it is going to change... (I'm not saying fix, I'm saying change) and also they are adding stuff to the ww2 asset pack, so they might/could do something for my stuff as well...

BC-1206 Detrola - continental USA map from 30. - 40.

Just checked its specs and its receiving range was 200-400KHz, so it could be used as a limited NDB receiver right away.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just checked its specs and its receiving range was 200-400KHz, so it could be used as a limited NDB receiver right away.

OK you receive your NDB signal and then WHAT?

Nothing...

BC-1206 Detrola is NOT NDB device, it needed A-N beacons for proper function and they were placed only in the USA.

A-N beacons and NDBs are not cooperating systems, each requires different plane equipments.

Their basic principles are different.

One shows azimuth related to magnetich North, second provides audio signal related to ground beacon antennas positions.

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/vSJNlIc.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/IdaUid0.jpg[/img]

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Ach, so it was an Adcock system?

Yes, you are right, in Air Navigation textbook from that era it is called that.

F-15E | F-14A/B

saburo_cz > they did not use it this way... Based on what I find out it was as simple localization as it could be with very short range...

The way how they were using is as navigation waypoints, so they flight strait towards it, based on the azimut, like 100s of miles and when they get into proximity of the beacon, I bleive it had radius like 5-10 miles, they start receiving the signal meaning that they are on the spot, and make turn towards the next beacon based on the azimut and fly strait for another 100s of miles.... so they were not trianlutating anything with it, nor homing or rangefinding, it was just beep when you get to the spot as signal you can do your turn... used specially in bed weateher and low visibility...

I bleive it had radius like 5-10 miles

In document issued by USAAF in 1946 is written that Detrola has range 150 miles, no 5-10...

But, it always depends on beacon transmitted power because Detrola is only receiver.

it was just beep when you get to the spot as signal you can do your turn...

that is your point of view, and IMO it is not correct

Btw. pilot should start to turn a new heading when he lost beacon signal, in that moment he was above beacon and he knew his exact position...

(cone of silent)

BC-1206 Detrola description from above mentioned document:

..indicates by aural signal the aircraft's position in relation to right or left bearing of the transmitter. ..

F-15E | F-14A/B

Probably not, since as Saburo pointed out already there's no supporting infrastructure for them in the sim. And what would be the point anyway? Implementing, say, an A-N beacon network just for the Mustang makes no sense, because there'd be lots of pain in the form of expenditures and manpower needed, but no gain whatsoever since there's no market for it.

So nope, ED's not going to do it. Better ask the modders if there's anything they can do about it, if you really want it that badly.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So, my question still stands do anybody know if they are going to finish those systems?

Someday maybe.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I'd rather see more loadout options modelled, because HVARs we've got were not used by Mustangs in ETO I suppose (?) while we're missing more bomb and drop tank types to choose from.

Limited loadout we've got were sufficient in 2012 when module was released as bonus toy irrelevant in DCS universe at that time, but nowadays, with proper, ED-developed WWII ETO setting shaping up, more historical ordnance to carry and drop would come in handy.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I'd rather see more loadout options modelled, because HVARs we've got were not used by Mustangs in ETO I suppose (?) while we're missing more bomb and drop tank types to choose from.

Limited loadout we've got were sufficient in 2012 when module was released as bonus toy irrelevant in DCS universe at that time, but nowadays, with proper, ED-developed WWII ETO setting shaping up, more historical ordnance to carry and drop would come in handy.

D variant used only HVARs ? Early mustangs used Bazookas launchers.

Our P-51 has K-14 sight,dorsal fin it looks like super late variant. I think Bazookas were off by time when this bird was flying.

Question, those bazookas were fit with shape charge warhead?

If they shape charge then would be nice addition.

I just found it :)

p5161.jpg

Btw anyone any idea what is this ring behind cannopy ?

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

+1

I would like to see that as well...

Well some of you guys are right, it is going to be much more easier to implement additional drop tank, than to make Detrola work for sure...

Are you sure that the P-51D was only plane to use it? I know that there was at last one more manufacturer that come with similar (competitive?) device... So I'm under impression that it was basically standard issue these days...

D variant used only HVARs ? Early mustangs used Bazookas launchers.

Our P-51 has K-14 sight,dorsal fin it looks like super late variant. I think Bazookas were off by time when this bird was flying.

Question, those bazookas were fit with shape charge warhead?

If they shape charge then would be nice addition.

I just found it :)

p5161.jpg

Btw anyone any idea what is this ring behind cannopy ?

My sources indicate no Mustang in either the ETO or MTO ever carried any rockets (bazooka or HVAR) operationally; only those in CBI and PTO dabbled, with HVAR settled on there as the triple bazooka tube installation was so inaccurate that it's poor effect on target was deemed not worth the drag penalty.

@grafspee - Mustangs could carry both, but I believe Bazookas were rather seen on ETO, while HVARs were used only in PTO/CBI. That's what I meant.

The ring is a loop antenna for Bendix radio compass, also a popular PTO/CBI equipment addon.

Edit - nice info from Fenrir up here. Indeed, although I recall seeing photos of Bazookas on ETO Thunderbolts, I can't say the same about Mustangs.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.