Controlling Comms using a hat switch?

Hi All,

As the title states, I’d like to use the four way hat switch on my TM Warthog to control the comms menu as I fly mainly in VR and having to look through the nose gap on my Rift S to find either the mouse and/or the keyboard to make comm calls to my wingmen or tower is getting pretty annoying.

I’ve managed to bind the ability to hide or show the comms menu to a button on the Warthog throttle but as far as I can make out, there are no options to navigate the actual comms menu (ie up and down the list as well as select an option).

Anyone know if what I’m asking is possible?

Cheets

Edited by obious

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I already asked for up, down, enter and back input selection commands for radio menus around one year ago but no response from developers.

I have Voice Attack but it is not an option for me (family sleeping) plus half of the time it doesn't work correctly.

The idea of a radial menu is good but, the current implementation in VR is not very practical, it occupies the whole screen and if you open it while not looking at the center of the screen then you can not recenter it. It rushed implementation I will say.

I already asked for up, down, enter and back input selection commands for radio menus around one year ago but no response from developers.

I have Voice Attack but it is not an option for me (family sleeping) plus half of the time it doesn't work correctly.

The idea of a radial menu is good but, the current implementation in VR is not very practical, it occupies the whole screen and if you open it while not looking at the center of the screen then you can not recenter it. It rushed implementation I will say.

Damn, the up, down etc options were exactly what I was hoping for.

I agree, the radial menu for Jester is great but needs a bit of polishing

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

An improved radio command method has passed the wishlist sub-forum many times, but unfortunately I've never seen any response from someone from ED. Let's hope that it helps that these requests keep popping up on the various sub-forums

A small, Jester like, radial wheel would be awesome, but indeed an up/down/enter kind of menu would also be great

I have Voice Attack but it is not an option for me (family sleeping)

+1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

obious

If you don't want "talk" :) with computer as suggested look at how change F# keys for HAT/joy buttons in this topic:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233743

Or this "mod" - suggest in the above topic, that allow navigate through comm menus with HAT/joy buttons - then the computer will "talk to you". ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187330

Edited by Sokol1_br

Or this "mod" - suggest in the above topic, that allow navigate through comm menus with HAT/joy buttons - then the computer will "talk to you". ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187330

Didn't know about this mod! Thanks for the link. I'll try it as soon as I find time :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH