Current state of M2000c

razorseal

AUTO decoy dispense doesn't work.

Put the PCM knob in the middle position and the HOTAS command will toggle jammer transmission.

Being Fox 1 shooter, you are at disadvantage VS Fox 3 shooter.

Better not fly alone, try to engage 2 Vs 1 in your favor.

You can train to escape AIM-120 against AI in solo flight.

To try to make F-15 life more difficult, once you spot F-15, keep at least M0.9, by 25Nm put the Eagle offset by 50°.

You can reverse from left to right to approach in S.

If you're flying offset by 50° and you detect the "M" of the AIM-120 on RWR, it will be leading ahead of you.

So reverse in full AB, you may need to reverse a second time.

It will work better diving.

Practice the timing in solo.

The closer you are, the more frequently you need to reverse the turns. And you need to keep you energy high. If you get slow you're dead.

Below 10Nm you're in no escape zone, so you're in troubles.

You should try to launch your Super 530D between the 10Nm to 20Nm.

This is risky approach, but if you practice, it can work.

If you're 2 Vs 1, one can distract the Eagle, while the other one hide in the beam (below the Eagle, trajectory 90° of his radar beam) and recommit with Fox 1 close in look up and outside his radar cone.

To summarize: you will have an easier life flying blue side

...or not with MiG-29S/ J-11A and their R-77 :lol:

I'm sure the US can load France some 120Cs... otherwise, yeah it's pretty hard lol.

This is a Cold War 4th Gen fighter.

The Hornet is a Cold War 4th Gen jet too, but ED is making one with all post Cold War cool gadgets :D

Technically the Eagle is the macdaddy of cold war 4th gen fighters.

It was designed to cross the atlantic without refueling, if they needed to cross for whatever reason and head over to Europe. It was designed to be the mig/su killer...

That being said all of these planes (F15C, M2000C, F18C) are all still in service by nations. so there is some kind of current realism to it. I'm wondering if the current M2000s used by nations like HAF and etc can operate Fox 3 missiles? I know we won't get them, but I'm just curious.

Technically the Eagle is the macdaddy of cold war 4th gen fighters.

It was designed to cross the atlantic without refueling, if they needed to cross for whatever reason and head over to Europe. It was designed to be the mig/su killer...

That being said all of these planes (F15C, M2000C, F18C) are all still in service by nations. so there is some kind of current realism to it. I'm wondering if the current M2000s used by nations like HAF and etc can operate Fox 3 missiles? I know we won't get them, but I'm just curious.

Greece is using Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 with RDY multi-targeting radar and Mica Fox 3 missile.

Mica also comes with IR variant which can be shot at BVR range thanks to lock on after launch (LOAL) mode.

In AA mode the Mirage 2000-5 can load 6 Mica + 3 fuel tanks. It's a different beast with new radar, new cockpit, new weapons.

Edit: other Mirage 2000-5 operators are France, Taïwan, Qatar, India and U.A.E.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Well guys, I got the M2000... Lot of learnig curve, it's neither like the russian or the us planes...

I did some of the training and there were bugs (like the a2a combat would not go further after I dropped fuel tank and switched off a2a limiter) and no take off mission to show me when to rotate etc.

also the training missions are made with french cockpit in mind when I had already switched to english.

I will go over chuck's guide tomorrow see if that helps. plane is very agile though. reminds me of a high tech F5 with more power.

There is no bug in that A2A mission, I guess you just didn’t use the F-10 option to push ahead (there is no way for the game to tell that you have dropped the bags as far as I know).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Greece is using Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 with RDY multi-targeting radar and Mica Fox 3 missile.

Mica also comes with IR variant which can be shot at BVR range thanks to lock on after launch (LOAL) mode.

In AA mode the Mirage 2000-5 can load 6 Mica + 3 fuel tanks. It's a different beast with new radar, new cockpit, new weapons.

Edit: other Mirage 2000-5 operators are France, Taïwan, Qatar, India and U.A.E.

ahhh ok. So is the M2000C pretty much done?

I saw some people asked if they would upgrade this to the 5 model and razbam said no

I saw some people asked if they would upgrade this to the 5 model and razbam said no

Razbam opened the door to a Mirage 2000-5, but there is no time frame, and I assume it would requires new official agreement with French Air Force as they did for Mirage 2000C (but it came after initial release).

125 Mirage 2000C have been procured for FAF, but only one squadron remain in service.

It’s second line fighter, QRA missions at home with Fox 2 (Super 530D has been withdrawn from service in 2012) and AG with GBU-12 and guns alongside Mirage 2000D in Africa.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

IIRC I've heard that a -5 will definitely not come, especially because of the MICA, which is still in service.

So have there been any other news?

Tim talked about it in Razbam video news.

I would say it's rather a maybe than a no.

Mirage fanatic !

We'll make the best of what we got then.

I just really wish we had a 120c like missile in the line up. I understand C is not capable of this. I guess that's like wanting aim120 on the F5... not going to happen lol

How do you know so much about the mirage line up?

Edited by razorseal

As far as I know France, Greece, the UAE and Egypt still operate some 2000s that are more or less C models rather than -5. All except Egypt have also upgraded some of their aircraft to some type of -5 standard.

Razbam specifically said that upgrading to a -5 would involve so much work that it would be an almost entirely new module.

We'll make the best of what we got then.

I just really wish we had a 120c like missile in the line up. I understand C is not capable of this. I guess that's like wanting aim120 on the F5... not going to happen lol

How do you know so much about the mirage line up?

I''m French :lol:

Joke apart I'm reading about it since I'm a child, and I was a teenager when Mirage 2000-5F began to be fielded. So I'm following it since the beginning.

But if you go on French forums, you'll find plenty of people who know just as much or even more.:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I''m French :lol:

Joke apart I'm reading about it since I'm a child, and I was a teenager when Mirage 2000-5F began to be fielded. So I'm following it since the beginning.

But if you go on French forums, you'll find plenty of people who know just as much or even more.:smilewink:

Hello jojo,

Would appreciate your opinion on the following is possible.

Insteresting "little" detail I've found, when dogfighting in the MiG-29 vs Mirage 2000-5 :

- it is considerably harder to beat than the 2000 C;

- even against the sim AI, the 2000-5 turns considerably faster, tighter (or both) than the 2000 C.

To me which I'm not a Mirage "connoisseur", I though that the 2000-5 was essentially a radar/missiles and avionics improved version... but besides a more powerful engine, do you know if there is any change in the flight controls software ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Hello jojo,

Would appreciate your opinion on the following is possible.

Insteresting "little" detail I've found, when dogfighting in the MiG-29 vs Mirage 2000-5 :

- it is considerably harder to beat than the 2000 C;

- even against the sim AI, the 2000-5 turns considerably faster, tighter (or both) than the 2000 C.

To me which I'm not a Mirage "connoisseur", I though that the 2000-5 was essentially a radar/missiles and avionics improved version... but besides a more powerful engine, do you know if there is any change in the flight controls software ?

Thank you.

Keep in mind that the AI uses only a simple flight model, even if it's a modul that has a PFM!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The problem with the INS bombing is that the F10 map and mission editor only give you headings in rounded format, when you actually need decimals to bomb well. At longer distances a tenth of a degree makes a massive difference in accuracy. If you can pick a reference point that's the exact angle with no decimals you'll hit just fine.

Keep in mind that the AI uses only a simple flight model, even if it's a modul that has a PFM!

True. Mirage 2000-5F are upgraded former Mirage 2000C, same engine and flight control.

Buy there are differences between human and AI Mirage, and Mirage 2000-5 in DCS is all ED.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

so I've been flying the M2000C for few days now...

I gotta say it's one of my favorite planes to fly. It's so darn smooth. It makes me wonder if it's this smooth in real life? Reminds me of the F18, but even smoother. It almost feels like I'm flying an arcade game.

It accelerates SO fast. upon take off, if I'm not paying attention to that speed, I'm nearing 400 knots lol. It also lands very nice. you have alot of visual feedback (where to put throttle is very helpful) I can do some real good landings with it now

overall, having a blast with it. just been doing the instant action stuff with dogfights and it's fun. I do wish I had more ammo though. 125 each gun is very little. I get few quick bursts and that it. That being said I guess it would be unlikely to engage more than 3 targets with guns in a real life scenario these days...

the only downside is knowing it's not complete, and that I can't compete with jets that have fox 3 capability. I tried doing the sneaky thing, but I'm just not good at it. I keep getting picked up.

I started the campaign, so we'll see how that goes.

oh, and can someone tell me what the 0.00 box is when you're on the ground? I can't find any documentation about it...

LOL, the AI is cheating so much, it would get an instant VAC ban ;).

So everything against AI is most time pointless, especialy when it comes down to maneuvering.

I haven't flown the Mirage now quite some time and my buddy asked me yesterday if I could help him getting more familiar with it.

So I need to say something:

Razbam, as much as I'm fed up about you regarding the Harrier, as much I'm satisfied with the Mirage.

It is an awesome aircraft and you did a really good job getting it to DCS. Please, fix also the last remaining bugs to make it perfect.

So my clear statement for everyone who is thinking about buying it:

Buy it, it is awesome!

Bugs? Yes, and Razbam have to fix them!

But, they are most related to sidetasks like bombing. Yes, you can bomb with the Mirage, but it is not designed to do that. You don't go A2A with the Hog either. (You CAN bomb though)

oh, and can someone tell me what the 0.00 box is when you're on the ground? I can't find any documentation about it...

I think you are talking about the acceleration. It shows you with how much G you are accelerating to find out very early if everything is ok during take off. I think it should be at least 0.5G within 5 seconds or soemthing like that.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

The 0.00 value in the HUD on take off is called Jx, it’s longitudinal acceleration.

Normal procedure is to check the value during take off run at 80kt to check if the plane is having nominal acceleration.

If not it means the engine thrust isn’t good.

Before you ask, no I don’t have the charts to give you the values.:smilewink:

(Depends on weight, pressure, temperature...).

Mirage fanatic !

Just wondering why some of these bugs still haven't been fixed. This is now a 3 year old module?

if the TWS bug has been known for a while (what does the bug do? crash radar? game? no return?)

I think I'm going to get the M2 just because it will fit my play style more, but those are the things I was concerned about.

I know mig is alot of fun to fly from what others have told me, and is considered a final and complete product

I've got both but don't fly the m2k much right now. Its IMO more "done" than the harrier. The mig is more done, but it also has busted functionality with the ASP (gunsight) modeling in particular being a point of contention.

I'm not sure why Razbam has such issues fixing bugs in a timely manner, especially the more egregious ones. If the core functionality of a plane is to drop bombs accurately, I'd say thats a top priority to fix. If the core functionality of a plane is A/A combat and the radar isn't working right, that should get fixed and fast. Sadly Razbam, uses some other sort of logic.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).