F-15E?

JazonXD

I will buy 4 copies of this thing when its live.

I will buy 16 copies if we get this armament for it

c03fd54ab89f17b7ae824e.jpg

Looks like a demo load, do you have any more info related to the picture?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What version is the Aim-120 at the top of the picture and the other ones? Because they have different nose cones.

I think is a mixture of C and D, I not sure which is which, but small fins are normally found on C and above.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yep, still does not explain the bomb racks on the Tanks, a distinct F15E, i tried to find more of the pic but came up with nothing.

Boeing however does have a habit of taking Older service aircraft for demonstration upgrades. I know they did that with an F15e turning it into the SA demonstrator. SO this could very well be a D/C

I think is a mixture of C and D, I not sure which is which, but small fins are normally found on C and above.

My suspicion is that they are variants of the CATM-120C. They may be a mix of CATM-120C, C-5 or C-7's... possibly D's as well. I don't really know enough about the different subtypes yet to make an informed judgement but the one on top definitely has a shorter, blunter radome, and slightly lengthened airframe than the others and I have seen CATM's with those features referred to as 120C's before.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

My suspicion is that they are variants of the CATM-120C. They may be a mix of CATM-120C, C-5 or C-7's... possibly D's as well. I don't really know enough about the different subtypes yet to make an informed judgement but the one on top definitely has a shorter, blunter radome, and slightly lengthened airframe than the others and I have seen CATM's with those features referred to as 120C's before.

The C looks to be the one on top with the broader radom

To whom it may concern,

• 2 weeks later...
I will buy 4 copies of this thing when its live.

I will buy 16 copies if we get this armament for it

c03fd54ab89f17b7ae824e.jpg

Well by the looks of the tail code that F-15 might have 99 problems, but an AMRAAM sure ain't one...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

+1 true!

When F-15E out Ill buy one copy for all my buddies to fly with me!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Inboard wing pylon on the above picture has one, also below

57th FW, 422nd TES is a weapons test unit. I'd be more inclined to believe the -9X was in regular squadron use if there was a picture of a combat coded squadron F-15E flying with it.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

57th FW, 422nd TES is a weapons test unit. I'd be more inclined to believe the -9X was in regular squadron use if there was a picture of a combat coded squadron F-15E flying with it.

I can ask around. I'm at a strike eagle base.

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

• 2 weeks later...
Just a question : why it must have a ground radar ? The strike eagle have a targeting pod under his fuselage. So we can use GBU without radar, no ?

Of course, but the radar is one of the special things when it comes about aircraft like Hornet, Strike Eagle, etc.. You wouldn't want to fly the F-15E without A/G Radar. :) I is a very important thing for ground attacking.

GBU-12 is totally independent of the radar, what it needs is the Laser, you must have a laser.

Edited by Vitormouraa

Just a question : why it must have a ground radar ? The strike eagle have a targeting pod under his fuselage. So we can use GBU without radar, no ?

No......the Strikes A/G radar mode is a very powerful tool that has features that allows its user to see/sniff its target from miles away at distances much greater than one can see w/the pod.

Edited by strikeeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

The air-ground radar provides precise, accurate all-weather targeting. There are limitations due to the resolution. For example, trucks won't be able to be identified as trucks with the radar, it's likely to show up only as a dot. However, large features such as roads, runways and buildings (especially metal) show up very well and are fairly identifiable.

You mentioned GBUs. GBU stands for Guided Bomb Unit and encompasses either coordinate dependent (JDAMs) or laser guided (LGBs). Since the radar is capable of accurate targeting, you could lock up a point on the radar and release a JDAM with a high degree of accuracy as JDAMs guide directly on coordinates.

You could still release an LGB off of a locked target on the radar, as the coordinates will be inputted into the jet and the jet will provide a firing solution, but without a laser to terminally guide the weapon, it is virtually identical to dropping a dumb bomb in CCRP mode.

No air-ground capable jet really needs a radar per se; it is another tool in the toolbox. It is more or less useful depending on the mission variables.

For example: A flight of F-15Es are tasked with destroying a bridge. Let's say the bridge is surrounded by tactical SAMs and AAA, and it is a cloudy day with a low ceiling. The radar could prove invaluable as it can see through clouds where a TGP cannot. The fact that a bridge is a radar significant object, as well as the water surrounding it, as well as land on both sides of the river makes it easy to identify the bridge. The flight does not need to resort to low altitude flight, exposing themselves to enemy fire.

If the F-15E is in Afghanistan, supporting troops taking fire from personnel in high, rocky terrain, the radar is likely of little use. First, rocky terrain just looks like a big jumble of clutter and second, individual people are pretty much impossible to identify, let alone even show up on the radar. A TGP with a clear line of sight would be a better tool.

• Like 1

for me A-G radars were always shrouded in mystery

I'd gladly find out how all these functions work in real aircraft

I remember many years ago there was a flightsim called "Wings over Israel/Vietnam", which had ground mapping ability for A-4 Skyhawk ... but it was almost useless for A-G missions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Jane's F-15 and F/A-18E sims, possibly along with Falcon 4, are the historically best representations of AG radar use. Flying around in the desert trying to find point targets really lets the ground mapping radar shine.

There is also a mode called SAR and ISAR on some radars that can generate an image of the target they are looking at by focusing the radar beam on it and scanning it repeatedly. It is really handy for identifying targets like ships operating under a maritime layer or through haze at longer ranges than a targeting pod can achieve.