Guppy's Simpit

Guppy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of monitors really isnt the issue, it's the amount of pixels you are pushing; at least for a game perspective. DCS is required to run in windowmode to make this all work. As such, you can expect to lose up to 40% of your FPS. I run a 2K 34" monitor and My frames are from ~40-60. Whereas, in full screen I'm running 70-100ish, if i recall correctly. I like the individual monitors as it makes the shape of the pit cooler.

Guppy -

I'm just getting started down this (EXTREMELY) slippery slope =)

If you had it do over again, would you stick with individual monitors for each MFD, or go with a single 24" touch screen? I worry about the framerate hit for 3x1024 screens for the MPDs and one for the UFC, especially when my primary monitor is a 4K? I'm running on an i5-7600K and an NVidia 1080ti

Thx!

Very well done. :thumbup:

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

The number of monitors really isnt the issue, it's the amount of pixels you are pushing; at least for a game perspective. DCS is required to run in windowmode to make this all work. As such, you can expect to lose up to 40% of your FPS. I run a 2K 34" monitor and My frames are from ~40-60. Whereas, in full screen I'm running 70-100ish, if i recall correctly. I like the individual monitors as it makes the shape of the pit cooler.

Thanks - out of curiosity, what video card(s) are you running?

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i5-7600K CPU |32 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| Gigabyte Aorus GTX-1080Ti Gaming 12 GB| 55" 4K | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil MongoosT-50 | BRD Pedals | TrackIR 5

I like the individual monitors as it makes the shape of the pit cooler

Agree with this, when I get mine working I used 4 screens to try and make it look different.

Have the 2 top MFDs and 2 engine panels below them on 1 22 inch monitor and then on the top I have a box with a USB3 monitor for the Map MFD and a small one for the UFC.

lGwvHvJ.jpg

UAPpqvJ.jpg

I liked the idea of having the UFC further out and I am hoping to make that map useful by increasing its size substantially.

Edited by Mr_Burns

Hi guppy, did you do your panels with Ikarus?

It is difficult to learn it?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 weeks later...

NICE simpit! Are you able to run this with g-sync enabled on your primary display with all the MFD exporting going on there?

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

NICE simpit! Are you able to run this with g-sync enabled on your primary display with all the MFD exporting going on there?

Yep! I run GSYNC as window mode on my main monitor.

Do you think you can share your cad file for the front console? I have had so many issues trying that i gave up on it.

follow my blog! https://guppy.home.blog

I'll be posting some good info on the front console and monitor setup today or tomorrow and I'll be taking deeper dives into how I did it.

Yep! I run GSYNC as window mode on my main monitor.

Can you toggle the g-sync indicator on in NVCP and confirm it's working? I can't get it to work while exporting to a second non-gsync display even when enabling windowed mode.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Can you toggle the g-sync indicator on in NVCP and confirm it's working? I can't get it to work while exporting to a second non-gsync display even when enabling windowed mode.

Yes, I can. Did you confirm in "setup multiple displays tab" of NVCP that your primary monitor is selected? Are you running a DP cable ?

Yes, I can. Did you confirm in "setup multiple displays tab" of NVCP that your primary monitor is selected? Are you running a DP cable ?

G-Sync works fine for me in Fullscreen and Windowed mode, just not in DCS when I'm spanning the display to a non-gsync monitor.

I'm using just an export lua to export two of the hornet's MFD's to a 13-inch 1920x1080p display. Primary display is 32-inch 2560x1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor. My resolution while exporting is 2560x2520. If I alt-enter it enters full screen mode and scrunches everything back onto my primary and the G-sync indicator is toggled. Here's a pic of my setup.

picture.php?albumid=1636&pictureid=10423

I should be seeing the g-sync indicator like this...

picture.php?albumid=1636&pictureid=10422

Just some more testing from my side and I can get the G-sync indicator to come on in DCS windowed mode but it's clearly not working... tons of stuttering. I'm on Windows 10 1803 and Nvidia driver 417.22.

Guppy, what version of Windows 10 are you running and Nvidia driver? I've heard there's issues with windowed G-sync since the 1803 update.

Well I got it working. Not sure exactly what did it. I disabled my secondary display in NVCP, rebooted, then re-enabled it and then G-sync windowed mode started working. I also enabled v-sync in NVCP as suggested in this thread..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1045242/geforce-drivers/windows-april-update-1803-rs4-quot-spring-creators-quot-windowed-g-sync-is-broken/

I have to lock fps at 60 to make trackir smooth so I'm not sure how useful g-sync is with DCS.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know how to get desktopaviator.com circuit boards to work with dcs world. Building a10c cockpit and have the mfg rud peddals, tm warthog stick and throttle, 3 32inch screens and volairsim.com flight sim chassis. I am now building the control panels but binds keep resetting as soon as u leave settings screen except for the thrustmaster controls they stay bound even when save or load the profile. I built the power/canopy panel. I know it used in game. Switches bind. But then unbind. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all -

Just a heads up I've created a build blog for my pit here: https://guppy.home.blog/

It goes over:

- Design/Inspiration

- Fusion 360 and creating my model

- Monitor/Screen selection (specifically my setup)

- DCS export of main sensors (L/R DDI, AMPCD)

- Windows monitor Config

- rewiring your own HGU-55/p

More topics to come, but I figured I would socialize it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...