DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Hi guys. Just came across this thread and could use some guidance. I'd like to get my Sitek Switch Panel to work with DCS World's F/A-18 Hornet for the landing gear and other controls. I haven't read all 118 posts so could somebody point me to the specific post(s) covering this device. Also would like to know what I need to download (DCS-BIOS, DCSFLIGHTpanels, DCSFligtPanels-Profiles, etc.) to get my Switch Panel working. Thanks in advance for your help.

aka: Mike "Mad Max"

Hi guys. Just came across this thread and could use some guidance. I'd like to get my Sitek Switch Panel to work with DCS World's F/A-18 Hornet for the landing gear and other controls. I haven't read all 118 posts so could somebody point me to the specific post(s) covering this device. Also would like to know what I need to download (DCS-BIOS, DCSFLIGHTpanels, DCSFligtPanels-Profiles, etc.) to get my Switch Panel working. Thanks in advance for your help.

aka: Mike "Mad Max"

Hi Mad Max,

The very first post on this thread provides all of the information you need to get DCSFlightpanels working with DCS-BIOS and there are links to tutorial videos on how to configure the panels.

Thanks,

Paul

Very basic question on installing the DCS Bios Software (for controlling the Landing Gear Lights on the Flight Switch panel)

It says install the export.lua script in Saved Games/DCS/Scripts

I already have an export.lua file (from Viacom pro that I use)

What happens? What should I do?

Airbag_signatur.png

...I already have an export.lua file (from Viacom pro that I use) What happens? What should I do?

When you have an existing export.lua file, all you have to do is copy the line(s) from the new lua file into your existing file and keep the latter. Here is what mine looks like:

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Hope this helps.

Paul

What's the latest version of DCSFP that's working?

I can get 3.3.9 to work. Any version after that, it won't even run the program for some reason. I can go back to 3.3.9 easily and things work.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting back. I've now downloaded the DCSFlightPanels and DCSBios. Also, just finished watching your Ytube vids. Great work all around. OK. Lets see if I can get my PZ55 up and running. Again, thanks for your help. BTW - Happy Father's to all.

Mike "Mad Max"

• 2 weeks later...

Any videos demonstrating the radio panel + SRS integration? Just wondering if it will make it easier to control SRS / radios in VR (primarily the F-14) before I drop $140 on it.

Saw a video of using it in the huey and was confused by all the frequencies changing when pushing the button on the right... I don't want to pre-program frequencies, rather just be able to use the left knobs to change which radio I'm talking on and the knobs on the right to change the frequency of the currently selected radio.

I suggest you head on over to Discord too and ask F-14B pilots there.

Any videos demonstrating the radio panel + SRS integration? Just wondering if it will make it easier to control SRS / radios in VR (primarily the F-14) before I drop $140 on it.

Saw a video of using it in the huey and was confused by all the frequencies changing when pushing the button on the right... I don't want to pre-program frequencies, rather just be able to use the left knobs to change which radio I'm talking on and the knobs on the right to change the frequency of the currently selected radio.

You probably saw that I made a bug report function. Use that.

Thats true, next time i will use it. :cry:

If you use an older profile. The name has changed due a second fw190.

Makea new profile for the fw190 of you choise. And copy the header ito your old one. To update the naming

Thx,that was the problem - :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Little Help With DCS Bios-plz

Gday

Im having a bit of an issue with my PZ55 (Im using ver 3.6.6 of DCSFP).

When i start up DCSFP i get an error (attached).

I think i know what is the error, as it points to the "DCS" folder in the saved games, but, the folder on my saved games is "DCS.openbeta", everything else is the correct file structure.

Can i just delete the .openbeta portion on the folder name without it screwing up the rest of the game?

The error says to make sure its pointing to the right folder...make sure whats pointing to the right folder? and how/where do i enter the path to point it towards the DCS.openbeta folder?

I cant see anywhere in the menus within DCSFP that i could make this change.

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

615821414_DCSError.JPG.579359d31b02c486e0bb18dcb567933c.JPG

WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELEVANT!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so, I did all this says...now how do I actually start the software up (I had no install happening - only unpacking??)

That is correct, there is no installation of the software. You simply run the exe file.

Paul

Bug Report from DCSFP

DCSFP Version: 3.6.6.5743
DCS Installation : Both
DCS Module : F-14B
Saitek Panel : PZ69 Radio Panel
Has it worked before? : Don't Know
DCS-BIOS Status? : Works fine
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : I don't know

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : Yes
AN/ARC-159 UHF on COM 1

With the AN/ARC-159 UHF radio on COM 1, I can change the mode when pressing the
ACT/STBY button and rotating the small knob, but only in the up direction, i.e.
from Preset to Manual to Guard (0 to 1 to 2 on the display).  I can’t go down from
2 to 1 or from 1 to 0.  I tried changing the knob sensitivity, but no go.  The log
files are blank.

Edited by pdmarsh

Bug Report from DCSFP

DCSFP Version: 3.6.6.5743
DCS Installation : Both
DCS Module : Not applicable
Saitek Panel : TPM
Has it worked before? : Yes
DCS-BIOS Status? : Works fine
Is this DCS-BIOS related? : No

Related cockpit control/device/gauge? : No

Even though the TPM panel shows up in DCSFP, the switches don’t register.  If you move
them up and down, the little white squares don’t appear that show the switch was
activated.  Keyboard mappings don’t show up in the log panel.  I opened an existing
profile that has the switches mapped and that did not work either.

@pdmarsh i checked the first one. It's not the bios. So Arthur should have a look over flightpanels

Thanks BlackLibrary. I was working with Artur yesterday and he has already fixed the issues. Here is a link to the new build:

https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/releases/download/3.6.14/DCSFlightpanels_x64_3.6.14.zip

Thanks again,

Paul