[REPORTED] Ka-50 Realistic Dust

Murey2

Hello.

For the love of anything you want remove the dust from helicopters in Caucasus Map or any green map! Because it's totally not real! I can prove it by the following videos below:

Landing on grass NO DUST!!!!

Now landing on wet and dry sand...

Look at that below WTH!!!!

Ka-50-DCS-dust-1.pngKa-50-DCS-dust-2.png

Please ED realism can be easy some times like this one remove dust from Caucasus and that will fix it. On the Other hand increase it in Nevada and Gulf map...

I want to see that being fixed ASAP. Because other wise it's like saying I'm here flying low come and kill me!

Thanks.

Edited by Murey2

Subjective, in my many years of fast roping out of helicopters in many places that are green around the world, it all depends on soil and moisture. Think about it:thumbup:

Sound like from your last sentence it’s a case of being defeated in air quake?

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Subjective, in my many years of fast roping out of helicopters in many places that are green around the world, it all depends on soil and moisture. Think about it:thumbup:

Sound like from your last sentence it’s a case of being defeated in air quake?

So I have provided so many vids. and have more to prove my point which I did prove it.

So you after so many years show my a vid. of what your talking about. Soil is not sand! Dust is not smoke! what is in the game now is smoke not dust!

Soil is heavier less tending to create dust! Even the created dust of of it is nothing like sand dust or the poor fake white smoke (aka DCS Dust) which blow up the location of a low flying helo!

So show me that vid. of yours of such soil creating dust while the grass is as in the game wet and green... Good luck.

So I have provided so many vids. and have more to prove my point which I did prove it.

So you after so many years show my a vid. of what your talking about. Soil is not sand! Dust is not smoke! what is in the game now is smoke not dust!

Soil is heavier less tending to create dust! Even the created dust of of it is nothing like sand dust or the poor fake white smoke (aka DCS Dust) which blow up the location of a low flying helo!

So show me that vid. of yours of such soil creating dust while the grass is as in the game wet and green... Good luck.

I’ll happily stick with my life experience. Could dcs have better gfx effects with this sure, For each type of terrain and moisture content you bet. It’s not there yet and hope it gets that detailed, but until then fly no lower than what 20 ft and you won’t kick anything up. Can’t base everything off YouTube videos, earth has allot of meteorological variances. One day nothing from rotor wash next day dust fest.:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Look at the above example that is dust out of green field not the white smoke in DCS! it so much matches the color of the soil it self! now tell me is the soil in DCS white?!

With that said now compare that dust as in the vid. above to the DCS Dust (aka white smoke)

Ka-50-DCS-dust-3.png

looking at the above that's a bloody tank using it's ESS!

T-62_smokescreen.JPEG

compared to this dust below seriously ED guys.

5038159075_72c0f5d4dc_b.jpg

I agree with the main post. It really should be optimised.

Just curious, do we still see dust/smoke if it's raining? Haven't checked that out.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I agree with the main post. It really should be optimised.

Just curious, do we still see dust/smoke if it's raining? Haven't checked that out.

If the rain would remove the dust effect, it would be great...

I tried it in rainy weather and good their is no dust... :thumbup:

Really nice to see that!

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case that help to change it quick. I have spotted and destroyed helicopters because the dust. Maybe they can make it similar to the Tunguska new smoke just added

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just in case that help to change it quick. I have spotted and destroyed helicopters because the dust. Maybe they can make it similar to the Tunguska new smoke just added

Yup, I have never got killed by radar weapon while flying sneaky with the Ka-50 but always the damn stupid white smoke

Ka-50-Cloud-maker.png

KA-50 THE CLOUD MAKING MACHINE WTH!:lol:

Ka-50-DCS-dust-whiter-than-clouds.png

DUST WHITER THAN CLOUDS IN GREEN MAP WTH? Seriously ED.

compared to this dust below seriously ED guys.

5038159075_72c0f5d4dc_b.jpg

Taking a closer look at that pic makes one thing clear: In DCS the rotor downwash doesn't push away the dust to the sides, instead we have to deal with a rather heavy brownout (colours totally mismatching though). Nothing completely unrealistic, but it's the only state we have at the moment, regardless of the ground we're above, except for water. This sure needs some work and I guess that will come with the new weather engine and humidity simulation. Until then I'd actually prefer not to have it that excessively TBH.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Taking a closer look at that pic makes one thing clear: In DCS the rotor downwash doesn't push away the dust to the sides, instead we have to deal with a rather heavy brownout (colours totally mismatching though). Nothing completely unrealistic, but it's the only state we have at the moment, regardless of the ground we're above, except for water. This sure needs some work and I guess that will come with the new weather engine and humidity simulation. Until then I'd actually prefer not to have it that excessively TBH.

Yeah it does blind me when doing low alt. maneuvers...

Also wing men in multiplayer get blinded as well, on of them crashed with me he said "I didn't see you from all the smoke!"