Where to place user skin for training missions

BlueMax

The headline is already the question... in which folder should i place a skin mod, if i want to use it with training mission..

thanks for help

You should be able to install them into either

- <DCS installation dir>\Bazar\Liveries\<aircraft>

- %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\<aircraft> (actually, DCS or DCS.openbeta or DCS.openalpha depending on the branch you're using)

So for instance for a MiG-21bis livery, if your username is "sim", if you're using the openbeta and your livery is called "training":

c:\Users\sim\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\MiG-21BIS\training

Under the training directory, you must find the description.lua, and optionally other files depending on your livery.

And you should see, next time you launch the Mission Editor, that the livery dropbox includes a "training" item :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Thanks for your answers. I meant those missions which open for every plane u have.. in which they explain how to start, to taxi, to bomb to shoot aso.... thnaks for your help

i did not mean the mission editor ! i meant those preprogrammed training, expalining mission, which come with every single plane you have...

Thanks for your answers. I meant those missions which open for every plane u have.. in which they explain how to start, to taxi, to bomb to shoot aso.... thnaks for your help

i did not mean the mission editor ! i meant those preprogrammed training, expalining mission, which come with every single plane you have...

Yes, and you asked where to store the skin mod (so, files) so you could use them with those missions.

Once you have installed them in the directories shown above, you just have to edit the mission if you want the aircraft to have that skin. You can only do that in the mission editor, just edit the training mission. There are two caveats:

- you have to fetch these mission files in the DCS installation directory

- it will be replaced by the original mission as soon as you update DCS

You could simply copy the training missions in your user directory first, to avoid those problems.

In missions you launch from "Mission" (and not "Training"), you are allowed to set things with the mission planner before flying, perhaps the skins are one of them. You could try, after installing the skin mod, to run the training mission by the "Mission" option in the main launch screen and do that. I haven't tried myself so I can't guarantee it works. Again, you'll have to fetch the mission file in the installation directory if you haven't copied it elsewhere.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR