Razbam DCS MiG-19P Development Update #2

OverStratos

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly believe the MiG-19 will dance very competitively with the F-5

Unlike the Mig19P. The F5E has an actual RWR, more modern heat seekers, better gunnery solution, flares/chaff Countermeasure dispensor, and a longer range radar.

Mig19P will be better suited against the Mirage 3. F5E is a closer counterpart to 3rd gen mig21's like the BIS.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

*Nods at a potential F-8*

the feels :thumbup:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Looks awesome !

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

The one in the picture is a factory test aircraft, most of them didn´t have guns.

If you read the first post you can see that yes, R-3S/K-13 AA missile will be available for use in the MiG-19P, also if you have been following the updates you can see the R-3S pylon under the wing.

I've come to post this:

first-mig-jet-fighter-2-2.jpg

Will ours get R-3s? I believe I have read that the late model MiG-19Ps got R3 support

But I note that the wing root guns are missing on this one. Is this a PM?

It's not a serial machine, it was tested a bunch of MiG-19 + R-3C, all three guns dismounted. This MiG-19S or MiG-19SV (was nee:)), the MiG-19P/PM characteristic "lip" of the radar Radome over the entrance of the air intake

Mongol-29 [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not a serial machine, it was tested a bunch of MiG-19 + R-3C, all three guns dismounted. This MiG-19S or MiG-19SV (was nee:)), the MiG-19P/PM characteristic "lip" of the radar Radome over the entrance of the air intake

Ahh OK thank you. And the P/PM removes one of the guns is that right? To make way for the radome?

Except I've read that the PM has no guns at all. It's quite confusing!

I can't find much information about specifics of the MiG-19 variants

not confusing at all

P - central gun removed to make space for the electronics

PM - all guns removed to save weight, missiles become the weaponry

you had either missiles, or guns

then came the upgrade of P variant

PT - P + R-3S missiles, which is what we are getting (but it is mostly called just P)

The KK2 looks very nice even for a WiP.

Is modelling completed -now that you started texturing- ?

Is work on the FM started ? What about the systems & avionics ?

Yes i'm curious. ;)

I can´t say that modeling is completely finished because you end up fixing things that may have some errors or not in the correct position, but it can be said that art work is quite advanced by now.

Regarding the FM or systems, wait for news on that subject. We have almost every document related to the type and also very good feedback from an old MiG-19P pilot.

I can´t say that modeling is completely finished because you end up fixing things that may have some errors or not in the correct position, but it can be said that art work is quite advanced by now.

Regarding the FM or systems, wait for news on that subject. We have almost every document related to the type and also very good feedback from an old MiG-19P pilot.

Thnak you, i was not really expecting an answer. ;)

Work seem to progress fast on this project, that's cool.:thumbup:

Thnak you, i was not really expecting an answer. ;)

Work seem to progress fast on this project, that's cool.:thumbup:

That's the great thing with older/simpler birds!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D