Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

It will take some time for people to realize what is the right sound when we have heard a certain sound and standard for so long. Ive been in many Huey's this sound mod sounds the closest to what i have heard. I really wish Dcs world would add the Peltors type ear protection devices to the actual sound engine. Another for the wish list.

I agree 100% percent; I thought the game sounded good till I started watching videos of the real thing.

By the way, I am developing a helmet mod to go along with this mod using an actual attenuation chart of a SPH-4 helmet, the goal being to hear it like you would with a helmet on.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I agree 100% percent; I thought the game sounded good till I started watching videos of the real thing.

By the way, I am developing a helmet mod to go along with this mod using an actual attenuation chart of a SPH-4 helmet, the goal being to hear it like you would with a helmet on.

Awesome, cant wait to try it, left my Heli helmet in storage back in the states. Will be cool

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Holy smoke. Why didn't I find this mod yesterday? Its sounds great and fit my system and sound setup very well. Well done Sir. :thumbup:

Any chance you would do a soundmod to the KA-50?

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Holy smoke. Why didn't I find this mod yesterday? Its sounds great and fit my system and sound setup very well. Well done Sir. :thumbup:

Any chance you would do a soundmod to the KA-50?

Thanks! I haven't considered any other sound mods apart from the Huey right now.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Thanks! I haven't considered any other sound mods apart from the Huey right now.

Copy. I understand. Its a big task and you probably do not have the same sources. But a big thank you for this Huey sound mod.

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Copy. I understand. Its a big task and you probably do not have the same sources. But a big thank you for this Huey sound mod.

Thanks again, in the future I may consider it but not too soon.

I'll surely give this one a go as well.

Using the Immersive Daimler Benz for the BF-109 and gremiha's P-51 sound mods have made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable and immersive for me.

Thank for sharing!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I recommend this mod! excellent work Skullz! Really adds a lot to flying the Huey. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

thank you! mods like this really makes this community GREAT!

priceless

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

That's the problem with gun sounds. Hollywood has to make it sound "more realistic" because real guns don't sound like, well, real guns - how funny is that? Two exceptions might be M2 (Ma duece) and A10's gun. They sound like they should sound! :)

Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the hard work.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

about loudness, don't forget about cool new feature "hear like in helmet" that is absolutely must have for any heli pilot, really makes things easier helping you to stay focused and read comms loud and clear with all noise going on (like IRL helmet i suppose).

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

have noticed two weird moments:

1) during start up if you release starter button engine sound not fading out like in origial version but cutting off instantly. also, i can't hear spark plugs at all(( this forced me to return to stock start up and spark plug files.

2) m-60 got too much reverb like firing somewhere indoors

thanks once again for greatest mod ever!

have noticed two weird moments:

1) during start up if you release starter button engine sound not fading out like in origial version but cutting off instantly. also, i can't hear spark plugs at all(( this forced me to return to stock start up and spark plug files.

2) m-60 got too much reverb like firing somewhere indoors

thanks once again for greatest mod ever!

I'm glad you like it, thanks.

First, don't mess with the sdef files. They are where they need to be in order for the sounds to blend properly, which probably explains why you can't hear the spark plugs now. Again, DO NOT change SDEF files or .wav files--they're all custom made.

Second, The sound you're hearing during start up is a .wav file of an actual Huey starting up, it's not a synthesized fake sound that spools up and spools down based on you manipulating the start trigger. That's why you hear the sound abruptly stop when you let off the trigger, which you would never do in real life anyway unless you had a hot start. That's just a limitation of the game I have no control over.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz
  • Like 1

Now that you say it, I can't hear the spark plug sounds at all and I didn't mess with any files.

yeah, can't hear it before files correction too with "hear like in helmet", can barely hear it without helmet. my solution was to remove sdef and wav that correspond to start up.

as Skull explained above, it is because start up file is now long big file of pre-recorded start up sound. you can open start up_custom wave and add some gain to spark plug fragment i suppose, but i have not tryed it.

yeah, can't hear it before files correction too with "hear like in helmet", can barely hear it without helmet. my solution was to remove sdef and wav that correspond to start up.

as Skull explained above, it is because start up file is now long big file of pre-recorded start up sound. you can open start up_custom wave and add some gain to spark plug fragment i suppose, but i have not tryed it.

I get that but I don't have the helmet option checked in the options. I'm wondering why I can't hear the spark plugs if they are part of the mod.

I get that but I don't have the helmet option checked in the options. I'm wondering why I can't hear the spark plugs if they are part of the mod.

i agree its too quiet, probably it can be lost comletely on some audio systems, im using two m-audio ex-66 studio monitors and m-audio fast-track pro sound card and i can hear pretty wide range of frequencies.