Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #71
Nealius

Hey deadlyfishes, I have a couple more suggestions/notes (sorry I have so many):

1. The tankers (and AWACS) are often well within SAM range--sometimes right on top of a SAM if it spawns on Qeshm Island. I've been thinking about moving them to a "green zone" so I can tank without getting shot down, but I'm not sure which location would be best given the scope of the PG map.

2. Enemy aircraft will doggedly pursue a player as soon as he takes off, which instantly scrubs any A2G mission the player may have initially planned on. Perhaps set a patrol zone so they only engage players who enter a certain area? Or is that why the backup AI exists (honestly haven't called on them yet so I don't know what they are tasked to do).

3. This may just be confusion on my part, but I noticed that when I set A2G Easy to sam=0 and aaa=1, I get 3 AAA units.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | GTX1050Ti | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:16 AM   #72
deadlyfishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
Hey deadlyfishes, I have a couple more suggestions/notes (sorry I have so many):

1. The tankers (and AWACS) are often well within SAM range--sometimes right on top of a SAM if it spawns on Qeshm Island. I've been thinking about moving them to a "green zone" so I can tank without getting shot down, but I'm not sure which location would be best given the scope of the PG map.

2. Enemy aircraft will doggedly pursue a player as soon as he takes off, which instantly scrubs any A2G mission the player may have initially planned on. Perhaps set a patrol zone so they only engage players who enter a certain area? Or is that why the backup AI exists (honestly haven't called on them yet so I don't know what they are tasked to do).

3. This may just be confusion on my part, but I noticed that when I set A2G Easy to sam=0 and aaa=1, I get 3 AAA units.

Hey I'll add these to my to do list, and check it out.

Easy enough to move tankers, and the A2A is pretty random. Their search zones, initial spawn and more attributes are all randomized. I'll see what I can do
Through The Inferno SP Missions:
Caucasus | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Normandy (Modern)
Multiplayer Servers:
PvE Server | PvP Server
deadlyfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #73
Nealius

Awesome. I also have a question about the A2A spawn times. I see that it's coded in seconds, with the minimum being (by default) 1680 seconds (28 minutes), however for some reason air units spawn within about 5 minutes when I run the mission. Is the initial spawn time unrelated to the respawn time?

Old 02-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #74
TechRoss

Quote:

I have SAM=0 and still get SAMs on Easy most the time. Just for input.
TechRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #75
Nealius

That's odd. On easy I get no SAMs when I set to 0, unless you count SHORADs as SAMs. I'm not sure what gets classified as AAA or SAM in DCS.

For me all the A2G settings work fine. The A2A guys need a leash of some kind--I got hard-locked by three MiG-23s while I was still sitting on the Stennis

Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #76
deadlyfishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechRoss View Post
I have SAM=0 and still get SAMs on Easy most the time. Just for input.

Basically this is the list of AA vs SAMs. I know some are still SAMs in the AA group, but I consider the "standalone" units that don't require a separate unit to be an AA threat alone.

Code:
 TemplateTable_SAM = { 
  "sam_s3",
  "sam_s2",
  "sam_s10",
  "sam_s11",
  "sam_s6",
   } 

TemplateTable_AA = { 
  "aa_ural",
  "aa_shilka",
  "aa_tunguska",
  "aa_strella",
  "aa_osa",
  "aa_manpads",
  }

Also, don't forget you can edit these units in the editor under the section where I allow you to edit these units. You'll have to add a -- before the ones you DON'T WANT appearing.

Quote:
Awesome. I also have a question about the A2A spawn times. I see that it's coded in seconds, with the minimum being (by default) 1680 seconds (28 minutes), however for some reason air units spawn within about 5 minutes when I run the mission. Is the initial spawn time unrelated to the respawn time?

Initial spawn is a hardcoded time value for now... however;

Look at the Trigger List Persian SP.lua file embedded inside the miz (you can use 7zip to extract it)

Go to line 2525

You'll find this

Code:
    timer.scheduleFunction(function() 
    main_ambient()
    end, nil, timer.getTime() + 240  )
That number value is the time in seconds for when the auto-spawning A2A starts. 240 seconds is 4 minutes into the mission start.

You can change this if you'd like, I might make it an option in the near future. Just remember that the auto-spawning A2A won't begin until after this time.
Multiplayer Servers:
PvE Server | PvP Server
Old 02-02-2019, 02:00 AM   #77
Nealius

Outstanding. I may change that so I don't get attacked before launch. Although sometimes launching the Hornet backup gives good immersion on the deck. Decision decisions.

Old 02-03-2019, 07:41 AM   #78
TechRoss

Quote:
That's odd. On easy I get no SAMs when I set to 0, unless you count SHORADs as SAMs. I'm not sure what gets classified as AAA or SAM in DCS.

For me all the A2G settings work fine. The A2A guys need a leash of some kind--I got hard-locked by three MiG-23s while I was still sitting on the Stennis
DD clarified this a few posts after mine - Quote: I know some are still SAMs in the AA group, but I consider the "standalone" units that don't require a separate unit to be an AA threat alone.

Make sense to me
TechRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:55 AM   #79
Scotch75

@deadlyfishes, Hey mate, I'm loving the new TTI SP missions, well done. I have one question, I have made an A-4E-C client spawn on Stennis by copy and paste from an existing Hornet client. When I go to add an AI wingman by increasing "1 of 1" to "1 of 2", a message pops up saying "no parking available for your aircraft".

Is there a way around this?

Cheers!
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:34 AM   #80
deadlyfishes

New update everyone!

UPDATE 02/12/2019
- Added a new "A2A Intercept Bombers" mission type.
- Added new config options to set time for enemy bomber auto spawns and options to enable/disable them.

Find the download link on the first post of this thread.

Also, by popular demand; We recently opened up a Patreon page for those who wish to support all TTI projects:
Support Through The Inferno on Patreon!
Multiplayer Servers:
PvE Server | PvP Server