But she's STILL great!

Meaning I still love her though, regardless of all the lighting BS etc. going on ATM - though I'd like to see all that fixed too, of course. But ain't she just great still, huh? I mean, show me a chopper on a PC screen that behaves more realistically and I'll buy you a tankerful of vodka ;)

So I just gotta luuurve her from here to eternity STILL it seems!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yeah, she's the bees knees. I'm finding myself just flying her around more and more instead of doing any combat-related stuff since the model is just so great, systems and FM both. My kudos to you BST, she's certainly standing the test of time 100% :thumbup:

it is one of the best modules ever.

but i think she needs some glass texture update and may be some new features like vinch ops, ffast rope ops etc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

In my part of the woods it's more about grammar rules and situation where every noun has designated gender. A helicopter, a car, an airplane, a tank, a bike; every one of those has a male gender.

Opposite to that: a kitchen, a washing machine, a spoon, a tub etc. are all feminine nouns. :-)

mag.iur.

Within any part of the woods, there becomes established rules for being able to interpret what is being said (this works well as long as the one who is doing the saying is abiding by the rules).

However, there is a monkey wrench always getting into the works, known as personal freedom and each individual develops his or her rules of thinking. That list of words, for example; helicopter, car, tank, bike can all become things that can make an individual feel "complete", shall we say.

So you can end up (within some parts of the woods) with Sally calling her new car "Maverick" or "old Bill". Now Mike on the other hand will call his peppy new dirt bike "Nikki" and that other list of words, such as, kitchen, washing machine and spoon end up being merely inanimate objects that help complete a mundane daily chore.

Now, for me, I would never (in my normal every day thinking) equate my opposite, or spouse to a kitchen, washing machine, spoon or tub. There can be rules and regs, but then there are ways that each individual develops to cope on a daily basis. As for my way, I refer to my old Honda Civic as a "her"and my spoon as just a spoon, to be used to eat with and then thrown in the sink to be washed.

Just sayin'.........

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

In my part of the woods it's more about grammar rules and situation where every noun has designated gender. A helicopter, a car, an airplane, a tank, a bike; every one of those has a male gender.

Opposite to that: a kitchen, a washing machine, a spoon, a tub etc. are all feminine nouns. :-)

C'mon , Boris, I can find you many manly words with feminine gender, an axe is feminine in my tongue... ;)

The usage of a "she" to depict a vessel is a long englishmen thingy, even if it feels weird to us, inland euro people. Probably due to their relationship with said vessel.... well, let's not go to deep into details... :D

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Probably due to their relationship with said vessel

No, just because said vessels were, and can still be, so temperamental. One moment a true lady, the next a complete bitch...

Personally I think the Mi8 looks more like a cicada than a woman. To me, its just another thing that belongs a little bit closer to the bug zapper in the backyard. Flies like one too; annoying AF during the summer months with that UHF buzzing going on in the trees, and the swarms that remind you of a Russian May Day parade minus the nuclear missiles parading down Red Square.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Yeah the Mi-8 is great fun to fly handles great as well. :thumbup:

Well actually all the helicopters in DCS are great. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Now that I have built a head tracker, I have to reaquaint myself with her feminine wiles.:book:

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

if its a lady, needs more oppai.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins