3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

The Tiger would be mindblowingly awesome.

I don't see if happening, for obvious reasons, but I'm happy to dream until the crushing truth of the actual announcement. :D

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we know it's definititely not one of the Puma/Cougar types :D

13991754851_fb738e5cd6.jpg

We may still have hope on that though, as it was on VEAOs list for a long time. I appreciate that they have since removed all Helos from that list, but I'm still quietly confident that we will see the Puma turn up once more.

I love that aircraft, as I was pretty much brought up with it, my dad was a Puma Crewman for pretty much my entire childhood, and then I worked on them myself when I joined up. :)

33 Sqn, & 230 Sqn

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

A Tiger is what I'm hoping for, followed by a Ka-52, AH-64E and Mi-28N later on. In regards to secrecy, I have to wonder how secret these things really are. They are current production aircraft, but they are also offered broadly on the export market to just about anyone with the money to buy them. So are they really that secret?

If not the Tiger:

2-as565mb-helicopter.jpg

3-as565mb-helicopter.jpg

1f0caa541e4df2f5962bf6bf45f41863.jpg

Armament

Guns: Giat M621 20 mm (0.787 in) cannon pods.

Rockets: 68 mm (2.677 in) or 70 mm (2.756 in) unguided rockets.

Missiles:

Matra Mistral air-to-air missiles.

AS 15 TT anti-surface missiles.

HOT anti-tank missiles.

Mk46 or Whitehead A.244/S anti-submarine warfare torpedoes.

I assume it's not the NH-90 because that went to Red Wing Sim (?).

Edited by Carlos Sultana

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe, maybe not. Just because something is current doesn't mean it's a secret. And there isn't anything particularly special about the Tiger in terms of capabilities. It's very much on the mediocre side of things when compared to other current generation attack helicopters.

True, I'm purely guessing. I do hope they are able to do it, it would become a favorite module of mine. I'm a sucker for attack helis. :D

Maybe, maybe not. Just because something is current doesn't mean it's a secret. And there isn't anything particularly special about the Tiger in terms of capabilities. It's very much on the mediocre side of things when compared to other current generation attack helicopters.

Any facts of yours to illustrate this bold statement, or you were just trying to embarrass yourself in public? :music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.