'622' 762mm causes serious slowdown

it's like when you fire every rocket you have on the A10 C and emptying the gun at the same point x2.

Even standing parked and emptying the ammo into nothing, it almost freezes the sim. The Huey don't really lag it down a lot when going berserk on the gatlings. It seems there are more tracers on the Mi-8? And/or they act differently when fired (I know it's an early beta) Just wanted to report it, and see if others have the same problem on their decent rigs?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.4GHz

GeForce GTX 460 1 gig mem

8 gig ram

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

1680 x 1050 res

Yep, have the same issue here. Tried this recently. Just flying about, I was getting a solid 60 fps. Then, while continuously firing 12.7mm mini-guns, frame-rates slowed steadily down to 10! Now call me Mr Picky but that's just not right.

• Like 2

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

The 7.62 mm are 10 times worse then the 12.7 mm on my computer. Try to fire all the shots in one go when parked!

Will do.

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Confirmed. Mi-8 on the ground, continuous firing of both 7.62mm and then 12.7mm mini-guns, frame-rates drop drastically. The reason why the 7.62 mm rates drop more is because the magazines hold more rounds, hence longer firing time of the weapon.

possibly also Higher rate of fire on the 7.62mm?

Anyway, also getting this slow down.

Then again, you would normally not fire the pods for such long times.

Still, even when firing bursts, there is a very noticeable impact on frame rates.

Hoping that Belsimtek will try and improve on this.

(or ED, as long as its improved)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

The combined rate of fire of the two gunpods is 24000 rounds per minute...

You realise that a three second burst has introduced 1200 new bullets into the ballistics calculation? So, I'd recommend keeping the bursts short - each second on the trigger unleashes another 400 rounds to assault your CPU/GPU

That said - any optimisation (e.g. only assigning SFX to a fraction of the bullets in the belt) would be useful for those with lower end rigs.

It could be an awesome online weapon, to freeze opponents with sub-par computers. 3 MI-8's all firing at once.. and the enemy dives into the ground from lag :smilewink:

I hadn't thought of that.... All I knew was that a wicked short burst from ether caliber will easily take out a Humvee or fuel truck or similar :megalol:

• Like 1

I hadn't thought of that.... All I knew was that a wicked short burst from ether caliber will easily take out a Humvee or fuel truck or similar :megalol:

Actually the Su-25T's gunpods were bugged a number of versions ago so that they appeared to be continuously firing to all other clients, and people did load up the pods as a defensive technique. Hard to engage a Toad WVR when they crash your game.

• Like 1