Tech Question

USA_Recon

"The project is very, very early. Normally we would not show it to the public at this stage.

We could wait six months and go kickstarter then – but then we’d lose the stretch goal option. If we don’t start on, say, a flyable B-17 today, if we wait six months to begin, then we delay its release by six months as well."

Just for clarity.

Since you are using the DCS 'engine' I assume - at this point you are adding 'content' but not needing to build an engine from scratch. Is that a correct statement? Basically, I could say you are doing what 777 is doing with Battle of Stalingrad based off Rise of Flight. Is that correct?

For example, you need this kickstarter in order to produce things such as :

1. a map

2. you mention bomber, so a bomber. Then also the code to 'level bomb'

3. models and FM for, ie. the 190

4. ground units

Assuming this is true, unlike Cliffs of Dover, you don't need to recreate everything all over again, and because of that you will be able to deliver a product quicker ? Referring back to your quote, the project is very very early, but not as early as it would be if you had to write from scratch ?

Can I assume that you will not have to write a new world engine, you would not need to recreate the p51 ? Will the current p51 be included ? Will the other planes take on the same detail as the p51 ?

If true, does this need to be all done at once, like, why wouldn't you incrementally build and release it? ie. let's say you next make the Dora flyable. That couldn't be added in ? Then you make a new map, release it, make a B17, release it, etc...

I ask this because I'm curious - assuming you get your budget you need, is this a year long estimation, a 3 year long estimation ? Because you don't have to write it from scratch.

Today, software is built and released incrementally - and DCS already has a model to accept payments from ie. the p51, so why not continue to incrementally build out this WW2 engine - this way, each release also helps fund continual development (ie. the money from a flyable 190 would go a long way possibly toward the next item).

Just questions. Thanks for you time, and I wish everyone success on this endeavor.

I believe there are some serious issues in the Europe 1944, ie Historical precision.

No flyable Bf109G or Fw190A8? Are you kidding me?

PS, no Spitfire XIV or Tempest either, what a shame!

Perhaps you should do a little more research before posting. The planes you want will probably make it in there at a later date.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Perhaps you should do a little more research before posting. The planes you want will probably make it in there at a later date.

The sky without 109G or 190A is NOT 1944 scenario, I am pretty doubt that DCS WWII 1944 could reproduce historical battles, that's to to say, SIMMERs with plenty of historical knowledge may not like this, and the GAMMERs, of course, not either.

The sky without 109G or 190A is NOT 1944 scenario, I am pretty doubt that DCS WWII 1944 could reproduce historical battles, that's to to say, SIMMERs with plenty of historical knowledge may not like this, and the GAMMERs, of course, not either.

There is an FW-190A-5 planned already in the first stretch goal. It's not an FW-190A-8 but being an important type in the theatre I don't see the A-8 never being included in the flyable plane list. If you really want the Griffon Spitty, Gustav and Tempy and will not fly DCS WWII without them then start working on them now and maybe you can have them done by this time next year when this project is released. Keep in mind that this project will probably be a work in progress for a while (5-10 years) and will never be complete in some peoples eyes. I have high hopes for this project.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

There is an FW-190A-5 planned already in the first stretch goal. It's not an FW-190A-8 but being an important type in the theatre I don't see the A-8 never being included in the flyable plane list. If you really want the Griffon Spitty, Gustav and Tempy and will not fly DCS WWII without them then start working on them now and maybe you can have them done by this time next year when this project is released. Keep in mind that this project will probably be a work in progress for a while (5-10 years) and will never be complete in some peoples eyes. I have high hopes that this project.

Postpone Spitfire IX, and add A6 or A8 firstly.

My suggestion plane setup is below:

flyable plane: P51D P47D 109G6 109A5/6

AI plane:B17

Thus we can reproduce the famous scenario of strategy bomb(1944 early).

Around D day, there was no massive air combat at all.

If we have enough budget and time, the second step is to add these below to reproduce air combat in 1944 late:

21lbs boost P51D, 109G6as(m), 25lbs Spitfire IX, 21lbs XIV, Me262, 11lbs Tempest and high boost Dora.

Scenario is critical for combat simulation, a serious mission maker will NOT find suitable plane set if we have only 18lbs P51D and 109K4/Dora because DCS P51D is 67" Hg boost =18lbs boost which is seldom in 1944 late and the K4/Dora never appeared in 1944 early sky.

Inches of Mercury (" Hg) Pounds of Boost

80.9" of mercury= +25 lb boost

66.6" of mercury= +18 lb boost

60.5" of mercury= +15 lb boost

48.3" of mercury= +9 lb boost

42.2" of mercury= +6 lb boost

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Mustang

531764078_2013-09-079_30_39.png.42da515c5ca3d2da22812373bb5c9100.png

Edited by tempestglen