Canadas Next Fighter

RAZBAM_ELMO

So as per the new government appointed, what will Canada's next fighter be? Should we stick with the JSF F-35 or should we just develop our own Fifth generation aircraft for our needs?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if relations can be fixed. A natoized su33 or su35 would be amazing. But but still think we need to go back to our roots and build a new arrow

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Developing our own aircraft is not an option. It would be better than a decade out and no company currently existing is willing to do it.

Trudeau stated he will cancel the F-35 as part of his platform.

I support Super Hornets.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• ED Team
Developing our own aircraft is not an option. It would be better than a decade out and no company currently existing is willing to do it.

I support Super Hornets.

I think Super Hornets probably make the most sense.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think Super Hornets probably make the most sense.

The F-15 is an outside possibility as well... It fit's with a lot of the capabilities required by Canada. I'm pretty sure they will go Super Hornet though.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Corrigan, I think it'll be one of the runners but to be honest, politics will take over and we will go with a US based fighter. I'd be willing to bet this months paycheck on it.

Beyond that, I do feel the Super Hornet the best fighter for Canada given the choices but thats just my opinion, I'll guarantee you there are people smarter than I am on the topic.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I'd like us to get Gripen's or Rafale's but I assume we will end up with Super Hornets.

It's too bad the US wouldn't offer us F-22's. We could get that production line started again and maybe the US would get some more needed F-22's instead of the shi**y F-35.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I support Super Hornets.

Sorry yes it is possible it requires funding. And bourdeax industries took over Avro Canada and they have everything ready to go to actually build a full working model.

A-10C - what else!

:)

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

A-10C - what else!

Hey if the US decides to shrink the Warthog fleet I'm all for aquiring some airframes. They would need to replace the nose art with beavers or moose and rename the aircraft accordingly haha.

Rather than switch to the super hornet however, I think at this point going for the advanced super hornet would be a better option as it is the most recent and up-to-date hornet model and avionics package rather than 5 or 10 years down the road have to upgrade the super hornets.

(sigh)

Avro_Arrow_Replica_CanadianAirAndSpaceMuseum_Toronto.jpg

But seriously...

The F-35 is an expensive toy we just can't afford to operate. My bet would be Super Hornet.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UmDYc8s3YY[/ame]

Sorry yes it is possible it requires funding. And bourdeax industries took over Avro Canada and they have everything ready to go to actually build a full working model.

Sorry man, this was dis-proven a couple years ago. It was a very well played hoax put together by a couple guys that spent an unimaginable amount of time creating a 3d model. There is no engineering, tooling, or manufacturing ability. Not to mention only fighters that are currently in production are being considered.

I won't say it can't happen at some time in the future but by then, it'll be a drone fleet I'd imagine.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Actually a privately traded company that was interviewed by CBC after Trudeau announced that the F-35 would be scraped and a competition announced. Sorry dude back track your facts, the hoak was put up by Beaverworks. Bourdeaux Industries bought and currently has all of the surviving plans/ schematics from the original Avro Arrow and are hoping that their bid to compete in the competition will be accepted. I actually personally showed Trudeau their work and he immediately sent for his assistant to contact the company.

Regardless

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/avro-arrow-relaunch-officially-grounded-by-harper-government

It won't happen based on the reality that it isn't in production and can't meet the deadlines of the DND.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

That was the Harper government.....RIGHT IN BOLD..... this is a new government under new administration that has promised an open and fair competition that has not outlined any specific terms as to what aircraft can or cannot participate, they are considering funding to companies to develop a new or a Canadianized version of existing air frames. Regardless of the fact there is no information that you are providing that says that the Arrow project does not exist or will never be. True it may never happen but saying that its a waste of everyone's time and that it would be "outdated is completely over the top false. In an interview with I believe it was the lead aeronautics department leader for Boeing/ McDonnell Douglas, he said that even the old Arrow airframe was and still is a sound and extremely competitive design even nowadays taht is on par or even out performs some fourth generation aircraft. Thats why the whole project was shadowed in contraversy and mystery as the Arrow was revolutionary and 30 YEARS ahead of it's design period as far as range, maneuverability and capability goes. Not to mention it fits the bill when it comes top what exactly Canada would need for a military fighter. Thing can fly from Vancouver all the way to montreal before it would need to be refueled a 15min stop over cold lake and it could be passing over St Johns nfl 3 hours later.

Super Hornets are a waste of money.

They will have to be upgraded and even then they will end up obsolete before the F-35 is. Parts will become scarce before parts for the F-35 will become scarce. This is simply the fighter lifecycle.

Meanwhile, the F-35 is already scheduled to receive engine upgrades, and it has capabilities outside of stealth that the SH will probably never receive.

Rafales and Typhoons are not any cheaper than F-35's, they won't really be able to use an M2 dash, so that becomes less relevant, and AFAIK we're not set up to build parts for them in Canada.

Grippies are very neat but designed and built to handle a different country's needs, and it shows.

If we could get F-22's that'd be great, but, outside of that, anything older than an F-35 is foolish. We'll pay way more money trying to upgrade old hardware down the road, so there's no cost advantage, and we'll be more than a generation behind, thus having bought an aircraft that will offer effectively the least possible servivability for our pilots down the road if the proverbial kaka hits the fan.

And no, you do not 'deal with it then'. You deal with it now, because 'then', it'll be a little too late to buy new aircraft (or even upgrades), and arrange for the other logistics such as training etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

And no, you do not 'deal with it then'. You deal with it now, because 'then', it'll be a little too late to buy new aircraft (or even upgrades), and arrange for the other logistics such as training etc.

The RCAF is not tooled to be anything more than a support force for a larger coalition. You are not gonna sell the Canadian public on the most advanced of the most advanced, they wont buy it. For the conflicts the RCAF gets mixed up in, the Super Hornet (or other established airframe) has a lot longer legs than anyone might think. I would love to see the F-35 myself, I just think there is too much negative press that most Canadians that arent up on fighter tech are going to pitch a fit about... its politics at this point, more so than anything else.

I stand by the fact that the F-35 is more than what we need too. This isnt the US, we dont have the budget they do, we can only live vicariously though them ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The F-35 is more than we need _now_, and frankly, if you go by attitudes, we may as well disband the air force.

As for the F-35 being 'too much' ... why buy something that does less for the same eventual cost?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda