Washed out colors through windows

geert

Hi,

I believe this problem has been around for a long time and not sure it has been mentioned at all. Since the introduction of the new lighting system, and so now also with DCS 2.5, looking through the cockpit windows of the Mi8 is much different that all the planes and Gazelle (not sure about the Uh1-h) in that the colors look much different, depending on the angle of light, they look very washed out, more white, less contrast. You can test this by opening the blisters left and right, looks much different. Or could this be intentionally simulating some effect of strong sunlight through windows? Sorry if I missed anything on this.thanks.

cheers,

Geert

Hi,

I believe this problem has been around for a long time and not sure it has been mentioned at all. Since the introduction of the new lighting system, and so now also with DCS 2.5, looking through the cockpit windows of the Mi8 is much different that all the planes and Gazelle (not sure about the Uh1-h) in that the colors look much different, depending on the angle of light, they look very washed out, more white, less contrast. You can test this by opening the blisters left and right, looks much different. Or could this be intentionally simulating some effect of strong sunlight through windows? Sorry if I missed anything on this.thanks.

cheers,

Geert

Yes......I agree. I don't fly the Mi8 often and probably not since the last 3 updates, but it's pretty ugly in the Gazelle.

With Deferred Shading on I noticed that the external view of the windows are a weird blue and not very clear.

DS in general seems to have a lot of issues, sometimes things look good and sometimes they look way off. Hopefully there will be improvement in the near future.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

With Deferred Shading on I noticed that the external view of the windows are a weird blue and not very clear.

DS in general seems to have a lot of issues, sometimes things look good and sometimes they look way off. Hopefully there will be improvement in the near future.

Sure, definitely some problems with DS, especially MSAA not working properly which is a real issue in VR, but despite those problems it does look really good. What makes the issue in the Mi8 different, is that other modules don´t seem to have this problem, and even in the Mi8, if you open a window the problem is gone, which gives the impression that it might be easy to fix. Of course I might be wrong...

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...