Mapping autopilot alt mode switch to joystick

muamshai

How can I map this switch on hotas?

Works fine if I use mouse and click it in cockpit. However, with joystick (button presses), it doesn't work. When button is pressed the switch goes up, but as soon as I leave the button, the switch goes back to neutral position.

I have CH fighter stick and Pro throttle so obviously a 3 way switch is not avaiable. How do others map this on their hotas?

This space is available for your advertisement

I WROTE in bug report thread....

Master arm switch ON/OFF button doesn't stay in on position when mapped to joystick. I use a modifier plus joystick button combo to enable this function but it immediately returns to the off position when released. I have the exact same button setup on the black shark which works as it should. The same thing happens with the Master on/off(autopilot) switch, (the one that lights up on the panel). However the master autopilot switch on the stick(why are there two autopilot masters btw?) works and stays on in its selected position. NOTE...both these buttons work as they should when using a mouse click to operate them. which is really strange.

THE REPLY...

There are various mappings in the Gaz.

If you map that control to a DX on/off toggle switch it will work fine. i.e. If the DX is ON the switch is ON, OFF it's off - if that makes sense. If you have TMWH put it on a toggle switch.

A momentary DX switch such as found on many joysticks, TM MFD's and some button boxes will only activate the swtich when ON ie pressed.

The keyboard command works as a toggle on/off so workarounds can include TARGET or any other software that maps keyboard commands such as found on some keyboards, mice, or Joy2Key AutoHotkey etc...

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

• 3 months later...

This issue still exists!

I'm speaking for v1.5 and v2.1

I can assign AP Altitude and Speed modes for HOTAS, but switches won't stay in mode, they return in default position.

Just for try, I assigned them on a key on keyboard, and the result is same!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

This issue still exists!

I'm speaking for v1.5 and v2.1

I can assign AP Altitude and Speed modes for HOTAS, but switches won't stay in mode, they return in default position.

Just for try, I assigned them on a key on keyboard, and the result is same!

I have the CH Fighter Stick. I use the 4 way button on the side for the 4 Countermeasure controls.

Then I use the ALT button I assigned on the Pro Throttle to activate the 4 AutoPilot functions on the same button. Works great. Id upload my A10C binding template but this site doesnt accommodate that function.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD