How to get wingmen to switch frequency?

Reflected

I’m working on a mission where the player has to use channels 1,2 and 3. I either:

A) Make the wingmen stay on awacs freq but then the player can’t reach them when on a different channel for landing or refuelling, or

B) use “set frequency” triggers, but that changes the preset channel frequencies of the player, rather than switching to a different channel, so the whole thing will be messed up.

Are there any decent solutions for this?

Thanks!

If it’s theyplayer’s flight, it will mess with the player’s frequency too. Say ch1 is 251, ch2 is 252. Set frequency to 252 will make the ai wingmen switch, but also tune ch1 of the player to 252, or whichever channel is selected.

Or perhaps, is there a trigger condition like this? Only to perform the set freq command if the player already switched channels?

I am not finding that the "Set Frequency" trigger changes the player's preset at all. Attached is a quick mission I put together. Channels 1-3 on both radios are set to 305.0. Use the Radio menu, F10 option to trigger a frequency switch for the flight. The wingman will go to the new frequency, but the player aircraft's radio and presets remain the same.

I'm not sure if we're doing something different here, or there may be some sort of issue with an install?

RADIO TEST.miz

• 2 weeks later...

I tested it and it doesn't work that way. here 's a mission I made. Channel 1 of the ARC-182 radio is 251, channel 2 is 252. There are 2 AWACS to test which frequency you're really on. You can push the set freq to 252 task via the F10 menu. Once it's done, and you ask Jester to switch to channel 1, the menu will say 251, but it will be tuned to 252.

radiotest.miz