The preorder window?

exile2256

Could ED confirm if the preorder countdown is accurate on Steam (and if it’s the same on the ED site)? I’m not asking for a release date here. I just want to know if the preorder window is set, or will be extended as necessary?

Reason: eagerly awaiting payday, which is currently after window :(

This raises an interesting point actually - will there be any ACTUAL accurate warning from ED that the aircraft is about to release in say 7 days for example, so folks that are holding off on the pre-order purchase waiting till payday or w/e reason don't just get slapped in the face with "SURPRISE...aircraft is now release and you can't pre-order it any more!". That could be a little harsh.

Personally I have pre-ordered months ago - but I am sure this might effect some people?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As soon as they have a date they are confident they can "hit" they will announce it. I have yet to see them just release an anticipated module without any notice.

Caveat - I believe it has happened with a 3rd party module and not an ED module.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

As soon as they have a date they are confident they can "hit" they will announce it. I have yet to see them just release an anticipated module without any notice.

Caveat - I believe it has happened with a 3rd party module and not an ED module.

Nice one :thumbup:

I can't specifically remember the F-14 release (being the latest) - I just remember all of a sudden there it was and I could fly it.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It sounds like it might well come out in the next week or two, and Wags already issued a warning that when it does the price will go up. I wouldn't wait much longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

This raises an interesting point actually - will there be any ACTUAL accurate warning from ED that the aircraft is about to release in say 7 days for example, so folks that are holding off on the pre-order purchase waiting till payday or w/e reason don't just get slapped in the face with "SURPRISE...aircraft is now release and you can't pre-order it any more!". That could be a little harsh.

Personally I have pre-ordered months ago - but I am sure this might effect some people?

This is more what I’m getting at, as opposed to a release date. I suppose it more relates to EDs preorder policy/procedure with this module. I’m sure many others are in a similar situation, it’s not a huge price difference, it would just be nice to know if there is a concrete answer.

I just pulled the trigger.... but I would think they'll give a heads up as to when, (once they're confident of the release date).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

See this reply from NineLine:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4034190&postcount=223

Also by Wags himself:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4041342&postcount=9

They will announce the date in advanced

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I would guess another 3-4 weeks. The list of things they are still working on seems fairly in-depth. Just guess though.

This module looks be developing pretty quickly so I could be completely off (again, I was just completely randomly guessing with the 3-4 weeks).

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I would guess another 3-4 weeks. The list of things they are still working on seems fairly in-depth. Just guess though.

This module looks be developing pretty quickly so I could be completely off (again, I was just completely randomly guessing with the 3-4 weeks).

I think the F-16 is closer considering this statement:

Dear all, once again this week there will be no Open Beta update, I am sure most of you figured this out, but a proper build with the Viper is being created. While I cant say when for sure it will come, that is the current goal of the next Open Beta.

Thanks as always for your support and patience.

Or we have to wait a couple of weeks to get the next OB update.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think the F-16 is closer considering this statement:

Or we have to wait a couple of weeks to get the next OB update.

Yea, I don't think they would wait 3-4 (which would be more like 5-6) weeks since the last OB update. I though I saw someone say the M2000 was in desperate need of a hotfix from one of the patches. Still, I'm sure they will give us (at least) a week notice. Although I would be very happy to go home and get a patch update with the 16 surprise.I can dream at least. :pilotfly:

• ED Team

Hi all

the steam pre-order date can not be change by us unfortunately steam will not allow it.

Early Autumn is still planned for release and we are working hard to bring it to you all for the next open beta, when we know a date we will pass it on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm honestly banking on it coming out the second week in October.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Hi all

the steam pre-order date can not be change by us unfortunately steam will not allow it.

Early Autumn is still planned for release and we are working hard to bring it to you all for the next open beta, when we know a date we will pass it on.

thanks

Thanks for making that clearer.

Hi all

thanks

Awesome news, I appreciate all the hard work that's going into the module and I'm waiting patiently but very very excited haha! :thumbup:

Get your popcorn ready!!

Next week we will announce the release date. Once released though (soon), the 20% discount will end, and it will probably be over a year until we put the Viper in a sale.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

As it's my "pension day" tomorrow, I've finally pre-ordered.

Looking on the bright side, being retired should provide loads of spare time to fly it.

There has to be some consolation for being so "old". :p

Congrats, Enjoy your time!

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

• ED Team
As it's my "pension day" tomorrow, I've finally pre-ordered.

Looking on the bright side, being retired should provide loads of spare time to fly it.

There has to be some consolation for being so "old". :p

Thanks for the purchase, we appreciate it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wait - does this mean I can no longer get the pre-order discount if I use the Steam version of DCS? I was under the impression that the pre-order discount was valid until the release date - I hope this is still the case...

Thanks,

Mars

Hi all

thanks

Wait - does this mean I can no longer get the pre-order discount if I use the Steam version of DCS?

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. Perhaps you can consider moving over to the stand-alone version of DCS, as on ED's Store the F-16 is still with EA discount.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB