Joystick sensitivity question

Antmf

Most short sticks you'll want to set some curvature to make it easier to be precise. As for deadzone, that will depend on whether your stivk jitters, but usually you'll want at least a very small one.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

First, what I do is move my stick around and see where I naturally move it. Sometimes you may notice that you don't naturally move it to the extremes. I want the aircraft to fly with what my natural movements are. For me, I don't usually push my stick more than 80%, so I consider that movement my 100% and try to make the plane react as if I press it all the way(100%).

Then, I 'Create Fast Mission' and make it an Start from: Airborne. Then when I am in the cockpit I press Esc and select Adjust Controls and tweak the Axis Curve; Deadzone; what ever you want, and test it out.

Everybody does it differently, that's just my 2 cents.

Cheers..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

My reccomendations.

Set up the general profile first, since it gets copied to everything else you haven't setup. Especially Axes... For some reason DCS likes to think my rudder pedals have extra axes, and buttons IIRC...

For Fixed wing:

Deadzone:

Take a look at where your stick "recenters" to, is it consistent every time? If not create a small dead zone (like 1-5) and make sure it recenters within that zone each time.

Curves.

This is subjective, but you usually want some level of curve in the stick to flatten out the response for small manouvers. Curves are nice in the sense they let you have a relatively flat zone for small motions but let you keep the full control input at the edges for those ZOMFG moments. I typically use curves in the 20's or 30's depending on the plane.

Helos: (and maybe planes too)

Deadzone as before.

DONT USE CURVES.

Use a flattened linear response to desensitize the control inputs. Most helos need pretty delicate inputs on the stick. I typically use about a 50% desensitize or more depending on the helo. You will almost never need the full deflection values. The human brain responds very well to predictable linear inputs for fine control which is essential for helo flying. I'm not moving the stick much at all even with a 50% curve for most helos.

The one exception for helos, is the rudder pedal where you want full deflection, either use curves or use a custom liner/non linear setup.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).