Changing IFEI Time

Nooch

Hi guys,

I've tried setting up the clock on the IFEI and it led to mixed results. Basically we can only change hours and minutes but not seconds which poses a problem as I have somebody doing the Marshall in my squadron and he is sometimes giving us time hacks.

Here is what the manual says at page 22:

Two presses of the button allow you to set the day and time. Use the QTY button to cycle between editing of Hour (H), Minute (M), time offset (D), and Year (Y). Upon selection of each, use the up and down arrows on the IFEI to adjust the value.

I have also looked if we can change time via the UFC but it appears as not possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Marshal should give Charlie times as outlined in the Navy procedures. There is no "seconds" required. You need a clock, that is synchronized with either local or Zulu time.

Windows for Charlie time are stacked, depending on number of aircraft in the stack. I'll try to find the corresponding guides...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Marshal should give Charlie times as outlined in the Navy procedures. There is no "seconds" required. You need a clock, that is synchronized with either local or Zulu time.

Windows for Charlie time are stacked, depending on number of aircraft in the stack. I'll try to find the corresponding guides...

I get what you're saying. Charlie times are given as "whole minutes", they don't have seconds in them. But as we all know, clocks drift over time. What if your airplane's clock is 55 seconds late/early? That would mean you would be starting your approach nearly a minute late/early...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get what you're saying. Charlie times are given as "whole minutes", they don't have seconds in them. But as we all know, clocks drift over time. What if your airplane's clock is 55 seconds late/early? That would mean you would be starting your approach nearly a minute late/early...

~

Hello I used to make and test these clock for fighter Jets, same as satellite clocks They may alter up to 2 seconds every 25years.

Unlike the older satellites , the fighter clock can be synchronized (by the manufacturer / or replaced.

~thumbup.gif

Edited by Dispatch

~

Basically, the need to change hrs and min, comes from adjusting to local time, instead of Zulu. Afghanistan has a "crazy" time zone of GMT+4:30 hrs, so you need hrs AND min.

Other than that, you don't need to manually adjust the clock, as far as I know.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Midnight Missions?

Does anyone know if the time differences have been fixed,

There was "the mission time zone issue"

If the mission was created

between midnight (00:00) and 3am (03:00)

the time, in the mission, was weird .. a 0x:17:20 difference from normal...

I know it was reported....

because it was clear as day (night) in one of Wags night navigation videosbook.gif

I like that time frame for flights, but have been avoiding the issuebiggrin.gif

I will have to test it again (sometime)

Thanks

~