Standby Attitude Indicator Re-Cage Impossible

Nooch

On some flights I have found that the Standby Attitude Indicator could not be recaged. Left clicking on the knob wouldn't work anymore.

As strange as it seems, it appears to be caused by tilted taxiways. If the taxiway is level, no problem, but if I taxi on a tilted taxiway like we have on Nellis for example, then the issue pops up.

I repeated the test a handful of times with consistent results. I have attached a track below.

F5 sai recage impossible.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I flew one of the missions in the BFM campaign today and had the issue right after startup. I had not even started taxiing and couldn't left click to recage.

I've also noticed that during flights where the problem is present, the ADI has a lot of trouble staying tied to the actual attitude of the aircraft and drifts a lot.

Here is a track showing the issue right after engine start. (sorry, couldn't attach directly to the post, file is 30mb)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I assume you are using Open Beta version? It'd be nice to know better the background of the problem like what version you're using or if it happened right after the last update or popped up all of a sudden just yesterday and not before.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'm using the latest Open Beta but I couldn't tell you when the issue began to pop up. I've been away from the F-5 for a while, just came back to it since about three weeks ago.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]