How do I use JTAC with the Viper?

Bones308th

Hey guys,

I know is something I’m missing, but I can’t figure it out. I set up a training mission with two JTACs, and different modules.

When I open COMMs menu and select JTAC, with any module, I'm seeing “[N/A]’ in front of the JTAC callsign; and the line is black. This is indicative of the radio not being in the correct frequency. I understand that.

As an example in the Hornet, if I select one JTAC with the mouse, and select any of the lines to contact the JTAC, the radios get tuned, the line changes to a white color, the “[N/A]” goes away, and I get a response from the JTAC. I understand the same thing happens if I tune the correct frequency first, by interacting with the VC.

I cannot get neither method to work with the Viper. I’ve set up the JTACs on both UHF and VHF. One is set to V135 MHz AM, and the other one on U307 MHz FM. Neither frequencies am I able to receive a response in the Viper. I’ve changed BOTH the frequencies and the channel frequencies using the UFC, and I’ve selected the lines on the COMMs menu. Frequency changes are correctly displayed on the DED. What am I missing? Thanks!

Bones

Sounds like you're using easy comms. I recommend binning it. I used to use easy comms but now I don't and the immersion is better.

When transmitting, are you using the intercom/communication menu key or the proper UHF and VHF transmitting keys? (sorry I can't remember the proper terms for those).

PC specs:

Sounds like you're using easy comms. I recommend binning it. I used to use easy comms but now I don't and the immersion is better.

When transmitting, are you using the intercom/communication menu key or the proper UHF and VHF transmitting keys? (sorry I can't remember the proper terms for those).

Hey Bell!

I’m just selecting on the menus for now.

Sure, but how are you opening the menu? What button are you using?

The “\” right now. Not home. On a laptop. Which by they way, I found out after unchecking Easy Communication, the [N/A] goes away, but I still receive no response; even after setting the correct frequency. On the Hornet, the “\” no longer works after unchecking that selection. So, I can’t check it with the Hornet.

Ok so \ is the comms button you would use for easy comms. I don't use \ ever or even have it mapped to anything on my HOTAS.

Keep easy comms turned off. In the Viper, use "Transmit Switch - UHF" and "Transmit Switch - VHF" for UHF and VHF comms. Map them to two separate buttons. I have them mapped to throttle buttons personally. As long as you've set the frequencies properly in the DED using the ICP, then these transmit switches will work fine. You will no longer use \.

I can't tell you what the Hornet equivalent controls are because I don't own it.

PC specs:

Ok so \ is the comms button you would use for easy comms. I don't use \ ever or even have it mapped to anything on my HOTAS.

Keep easy comms turned off. In the Viper, use "Transmit Switch - UHF" and "Transmit Switch - VHF" for UHF and VHF comms. Map them to two separate buttons. I have them mapped to throttle buttons personally. As long as you've set the frequencies properly in the DED using the ICP, then these transmit switches will work fine. You will no longer use \.

I can't tell you what the Hornet equivalent controls are because I don't own it.

Got it! That’s what it was! Dude, thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it man! Take care!

Bones

"BONES 3 o 8, CLEARED HOT!"

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset