Legacy missions and folder structure

Diplocaulus

My apologies if this has already been covered, but if so I haven't been able to locate the threads.

With the 2.0 alpha I've noticed that many, if not all, legacy missions *.miz files are visible to neither the mission loading screen nor the mission editor; meanwhile, missions I've created in 2.0, and more recent missions (like those that come with the L-39C) are. Is this by design? Does 2.0 somehow identify legacy missions and refuse load them?

Is there a way to coax the 2.0 mission builder to load legacy missions and then save them in a format that 2.0 better appreciates?

Also, a question about the mission folder structure. Appears to be multiple, repeated layers. For example, the F-86F default mission folder structure looks like this:

Missions

QuickStart

Single

EN

QuickStart

Single

Is one to be preferred over the other?

Thanks. BTW, Nellis is FANTASTIC!!!

Edited by Diplocaulus

Windows 10 64bit / Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.30 GHz / 32GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1080 8GB / Dell UltraSharp 27 QHD U2715H 2560x1440 / Saitek X52 Pro Flight System / TrackIR 5

Right now 2.0 ignores any mission that is on the Black Sea because the map isn't compatible yet with 2.0. So it is just preventing you from seeing the mission on the mission selection screens. Whenever 2.0 gets updated to include the Black Sea this functionality will be removed. Though I won't be shocked if it remains in the form of hiding missions for terrains you don't have installed.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum