Vietnam War - POLL

Hueyman

Vietnam War - POLL  

1090 members have voted

1. 1. Vietnam War - POLL

• Yes, it would create a new dimension to the DCS World simulator
    • No, I prefer 3rds to still work on aircrafts, and to fly in the same old Caucasus

Oh come on !

Give me a single reason why this popular theatre is not in development yet ?!

Fits for not even a handful of modules. Area is basically covered in millions of trees, so possibly a heavy performance hit.

That does not mean it isn't a very popular and likely a no brainer to buy.I personally would love it, yet if you would make me choose between Vietnam and Iraq or Afghanistan, with the A-10C, AV-8B, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Mi-8, UH-1H and upcoming Mi-24, I would go for Afghanistan or Iraq, anytime.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Irak and Afghanistan ?

Isn't having Persian Gulf and Syria enough already ?

I mean, until we have the whole world, having versatile maps would be great ( Europe, Asia, Africa ... ). I feel like PG/Syria and Channel/Normandy are quite close to each over

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Irak and Afghanistan ?

Isn't having Persian Gulf and Syria enough already ?

I mean, until we have the whole world, having versatile maps would be great ( Europe, Asia, Africa ... ). I feel like PG/Syria and Channel/Normandy are quite close to each over

That's a good point, with the Marianas map we will get something like Vietnam dense vegetation, tree covered mountains, asian style urban areas, so we won't need a Vietnam map anymore... And yes, I would disagree, neither is Marianas like Vietnam or PG like Iraq or Syria like Afghanistan. You can try a little make believe, but I am more for realistic environments. Pretending Damascus is Kabul, or Aleppo is Kandahar doesn't really cut it... At least for me.
  • Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 6 months later...
On 10/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, shagrat said:

Fits for not even a handful of modules. Area is basically covered in millions of trees, so possibly a heavy performance hit.

That does not mean it isn't a very popular and likely a no brainer to buy.I personally would love it, yet if you would make me choose between Vietnam and Iraq or Afghanistan, with the A-10C, AV-8B, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Mi-8, UH-1H and upcoming Mi-24, I would go for Afghanistan or Iraq, anytime.

I would pay for it

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:12 AM, upyr1 said:

First lets get some century series fighters- at least some AI ones. 

Unfortunately ED had stated in an interview before that they do not have interest in doing century series fighters in the near future. So the best hope would be for some AI ones or up to the 3rd parties to make full fidelity modules.

With that being said it looks like Vietnam era stuff would probably come sooner than the century series.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evoman said:

Unfortunately ED had stated in an interview before that they do not have interest in doing century series fighters in the near future. So the best hope would be for some AI ones or up to the 3rd parties to make full fidelity modules.

With that being said it looks like Vietnam era stuff would probably come sooner than the century series.

It is impossible for the Vietnam era stuff to come before the Century series, because the Century series was Vietnam era.

The F-105 was the main strike plane used by the Air Force over North Vietnam

f-105-large-56a61bdf3df78cf7728b61e7.jpg

The F-100 was used for close air support in the South as well as fast FACs and they were the first Wild Weasels which the Thuds took over. 

F-100.jpg

The F-104 saw limited action in Vietnam

56-9xx.jpg

As did the F-102 and F-101. 

We at least need these AI versions of these fighters

• Like 2

11 hours ago, upyr1 said:

It is impossible for the Vietnam era stuff to come before the Century series, because the Century series was Vietnam era.

The F-105 was the main strike plane used by the Air Force over North Vietnam

f-105-large-56a61bdf3df78cf7728b61e7.jpg

The F-100 was used for close air support in the South as well as fast FACs and they were the first Wild Weasels which the Thuds took over. 

F-100.jpg

The F-104 saw limited action in Vietnam

56-9xx.jpg

As did the F-102 and F-101. 

We at least need these AI versions of these fighters

Your correct. I guess its because even though the Century series predate Vietnam I forget that some of them ended up serving in Vietnam. Specially the F-105 Thunder chief and the F-100 Super Saber.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Evoman said:

Your correct. I guess its because even though the Century series predate Vietnam I forget that some of them ended up serving in Vietnam. Specially the F-105 Thunder chief and the F-100 Super Saber.

The only century series fighter that didn't get deployed to Vietnam or Thailand was the F-106.

I think ED should remove the option to create a pool from forums, cause this pool looks like its been created by 9 and a half year old kid.

Sry if you got offended but when I read the options in the pool made me think that this kid is mad.

A pool should have objective options, these options are completely subjective and directing your vote to only one by mocking the other, that's not how a pool should be created.

4 hours ago, Furiz said:

I think ED should remove the option to create a pool from forums, cause this pool looks like its been created by 9 and a half year old kid.

Sry if you got offended but when I read the options in the pool made me think that this kid is mad.

A pool should have objective options, these options are completely subjective and directing your vote to only one by mocking the other, that's not how a pool should be created.

I don't think the wording had any changes on the results

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

I don't think the wording had any changes on the results

Yep it did, he could have asked:

Do you want 3rd parties or ED to upgrade Caucasus map?

You would see a whole other outcome.

Let's face something: polls on this forum about "I want this, let's see you all agree!" never amount to anything. And yes, loaded options often lead people not voting either way, but in the end that doesn't change much: these polls are little more than an echo chamber with small audiences, and I strongly doubt they mean much of anything for devs and their plans.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

7 hours ago, Furiz said:

Yep it did, he could have asked:

Do you want 3rd parties or ED to upgrade Caucasus map?

You would see a whole other outcome.

The point to the poll was "who wants a Vietnam map" not "which of these maps would you prefer" 

The MiG-17F was the most used variant but it had no radar and was not equipped to carry air-to-air missiles. The late-model MiG-17PF carried an SRD-3 gun-ranging radar and SIV-52 infrared sight, a combination that suited a night fighter.

The MiG-19s that were used were the J-6 models which were supplied by the PRC (People's Republic of China). They were unpopular by Vietnamese pilots because they had a very short range when ran at full after burner.

And the MiG-21F-13 were the ones used.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 4:19 AM, Evoman said:

This confuses me. what else is ED going to make when they finish the Mig-29?.

Rafale?

I don't think so since Razbam has better conection with AdA

Grippen?

Wasn't the reason why HB didn't make JA-37 was because there are still classified system in the JA-37 which is still being use in the Grippen.

Tornado ?

They already said they wont

SU-27

The russian governent doesn't allowed them.

Unless ED is going for full WW2 i don't see any other options

Edited by ustio
  • Like 1

I'd like to add that destructive environments such as flattening trees with daisy cutters and burning/propagating forest fires from Napalm or defoliate from agent orange is a must have for a Vietnam war era map. Not sure if ED is working on anything that can do that. 

• Like 2