MFG 3d printed combat pedals - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #61
NahkaSukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Oh that's interesting! I'm most curious to see all the different ways people have their setups.

I see in web images, that big black cylinder connecting the 2 silver rods, is located at the very end of the silver rods. But yours has about 10cm left. Did you try sliding it to the end?
Might not solve the heel issue completely, but could help a bit.
That doesn't really solve my problem, it's just and adjustment for people with different height. I need that extra 10-15cm behind my heels to feel comfortable And regarding your last update, that sounds really promising, even i didn't really have a chance to try the first ones!
NahkaSukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:02 PM   #62
hegykc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahkaSukka View Post
I need that extra 10-15cm behind my heels to feel comfortable
Is the mounting plate DIY or someone selling them?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #63
NahkaSukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Is the mounting plate DIY or someone selling them?
It came with the Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog stand, mounting holes ready for MFG Crosswind, Warthog stick/throttle etc. I suppose it could be possible to stretch pedals bit forward, drill new mounting holes etc but i'm not sure if this thing underneath will hold it in place safely enough. Maybe, maybe not. Making the plate longer would be the safest and easiest option i think?

NahkaSukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #64
sydost

I prefer to use the pedals on the higher position but the new model seems to not have the lowest row of holes. Is it possible to add those?

On the ones you sent me the recesses for the bolt heads were slightly too small and I had to enlarge those a bit to install the pedals. Especially on the wholes which were on the thick part of the pedal. Also I had to smooth the surface a little bit with sandpaper as the coarse surface was ruining my woolen socks .

Other than that those have worked fine so far.
sydost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:24 PM   #65
MustangSally

Any word on whether the postal system has restarted?

Obutto Ozone
i9-9900K @ 5.1,
ASRock B365 Pro4 M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
MSI 2080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips 43inch 4k monitor
Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra,
MFG Crosswind pedals, DS FLT1
HP reverb & TrackIr
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:26 AM   #66
hegykc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydost View Post
I prefer to use the pedals on the higher position but the new model seems to not have the lowest row of holes. Is it possible to add those?
Interesting, I will add the lowest row of holes back in. It doesn't change anything manufacturing wise, and if anyone uses them, they're back in.

Quote:
On the ones you sent me the recesses for the bolt heads were slightly too small and I had to enlarge those a bit
On the old design that you have, bolts had to be very snug to provide support. On the new design there is a support bracket under the pedals so that is no longer an issue.

Quote:
I had to smooth the surface a little bit with sandpaper as the coarse surface was ruining my woolen socks .
I shall include a pair of new socks with the updated design, what size?

Kidding aside, I can make them super smooth, like my 3d printed joystick grips or WWII throttle units. But then it takes the same amount of time (3x) to print a set of combat pedals, as it does to print a complete WWII throttle unit, 24 hours. So I can either make 500$ a day printing a throttle, or 30$ a day printing combat pedals. You can see my predicament there. I'm only spending time on these due to the virus delaying components and materials for my other projects, and as a "favor" to the community. I had my pair designed and mounted a year ago, but thought, MFG will make his own, and other people are 3d printing and will make theirs for sale. But no one did, so hegykc to the rescue

MFG ones will be cnc-ed from the same material as the rest of the pedals, and the same finish quality, way better then these. But that heavy package will cost you at least 150$ with import duties. I was planning on selling mine for 29$ + 10$ shipping. But only as a favor to fellow simmers because I have way better paying jobs. They are designed so I can make 2-3.000 units in 1 month, package them up and have them ready as people need them. So the choice is really, for now at least, either this or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
Any word on whether the postal system has restarted?
I have a friend from a neighboring country, where there's no limitations. I will send him the updated design, and he will re-route them to you. The new designs go out on Monday:

Last edited by hegykc; 07-03-2020 at 11:46 AM.
hegykc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #67
hornblower793

The new design looks fantastic and I am already really enjoying the first trial set so can only imagine what these will be like to use.

The rough surface on the has allowed a superb level of grip in socks so wouldn't want them smooth anyway

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote