Spin recovery procedure?

razo+r

What's the spin recovery procedure?

Scenario:

Free flight mission starting from 6000m (ditched the bags before), fully pull on the stick and I am in a spin.

Now what I tried:

Elevator pitch down

aileron neutral

rudder opposite

Didn't work. So I've increased thrust of the outer engine to stop the spinning, but that didn't help anything. I simply spinned 6000m to my death and nothing of the above worked.

Or is the FM off in that region?

Hmm.

You seem to know the general recovery technique, so I'm assuming you correctly identified the spin, and direction.

The times I got into a spin (accidental and deliberate) I applied the same technique and she did eventually recover.

My procedure:

* Thrust to idle

* Neutralize controls

* Full opposite rudder

* Ease in forward stick

It recovers in around 3-6 rotations.

It seems a little canned in spinning, but that is my opinion.

I did witness it doing a spin reversal during one of my experiments (do a climbing turn at idle pulling +2 to +3 g to the stall. It wings-over in the opposite direction and enters a spin).

IMHO she is a very good spinner!

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 1 month later...

In the cockpit of the Mig 19, like many Russian aircraft of that era (see also Mig15 and Yak 52] there is a big white line painted on it.

Pilots were taught that if they lost control, put the stick on the line. If that failed, abandon the aircraft.

In the cockpit of the Mig 19, like many Russian aircraft of that era (see also Mig15 and Yak 52] there is a big white line painted on it.

Pilots were taught that if they lost control, put the stick on the line. If that failed, abandon the aircraft.

Interesting! Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."