MiG 19 training mission NDB Navigation

Shibbyland

Does the training mission for navigation work properly? I've been trying to tune 1000 mhz for the last half an hour and it won't tune anything. I've been able to tune up some NDBs in free flight but not in this training mission.

The fine adjustment knob seems really difficult to use. To hold left click and move mouse up and down is not fine enough to select some precise frequencies but to use mouse wheel barely does anything unless you mouse wheel quickly in which case it moves too quickly and you skip frequencies.

Any ideas?

This problem has been reported: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242058

Hopefully, one day, Razbam will finally fix it, tough I won’t hold my breath for it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does the training mission for navigation work properly? I've been trying to tune 1000 mhz for the last half an hour and it won't tune anything. I've been able to tune up some NDBs in free flight but not in this training mission.

Although difficult to tune, the 1000 kHz NDB at Gelendzhik does work in this mission.

I did note that for some reason the direction (from Novo ramp) reads 108°T in this mission (unlike say 120°T as measured on the F10 map or as it reads in the taxi/takeoff training mission)**.

** Note: This seems a strange bug as the needle direction is 120°T if the mission is played from the ME (rather than as a SP/Training mission).

The fine adjustment knob seems really difficult to use. To hold left click and move mouse up and down is not fine enough to select some precise frequencies but to use mouse wheel barely does anything unless you mouse wheel quickly in which case it moves too quickly and you skip frequencies.

Unfortunately the MiG-19's ARK-5 is difficult to tune in DCS, with adjustment either too course or too fine.

The only way I use it successfully is by checking the beacon's Morse ID and direction against what I've measured on the F10 map.

I found using the ARK-5 for the navigation exercise, ok, but for general enroute navigation, it just became frustrating, as I would constantly switch to the F10 map to check if the beacon I thought I'd tuned into (or couldn't find) was the right one.

It was good practice for learning Morse but I was using the F10/Active Pause that much, it defeated the whole point of ADF i.e. I might as well just use the F10 map or navigate visually.

Eventually I flew a (combat) mission were I ended up spending perhaps 30 minutes trying to tune in to a particular NDB, after that I put the MiG-19's campaign aside until the ARK-5 and/or kneeboard is improved i.e. includes the ARK-5's tuned frequency like the MiG-15, etc. does.

Tested in Open Beta 2.5.6.47224

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080