Why are RAZBAM mods so much faster FPS then ED's

DmitriKozlowsky

Why are RAZBAM mods so much faster FPS then ED's

OK, taking advantage of 1 month almost everything free.

I already own Mirage and Harrier with AV-8B/NA my favorite module.

I installed Mig-19.

Incredible performance.

Maybe a few FPS slower then Mirage. But overall same as Mirage and Harrier.

RAZBAM's stuff are best performing modules, of everything I have.

Why does RAZBAM know about extracting performance out of hi-fi modules that ED does not?

Perhaps RAZBAM should, I dunno, give em a few non-NDA pointers.

Cause latest ED's modules, specifically F-16C and F/A-18C are at best 1/2-3/4 FPS rate of Harrier, Mirage, and Farmer. There are exceptions. Christensen EagleII and Yak 52 get exceptionally high FPS between 120 and 190 with excursions into 200. Excellent performance. A-10C is a little slower then RAZBAM's but still great. F-5E has decreased in FPS performance.

Excellent job guy!

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

It is not an excellent job dude. This is DCS, not Flight simulator or Ace combat.

They have better performance because their aircrafts are less complex. With less simulated systems or very simplified, CPU workload is much lower than complex and fully simulated modules.

So it's obvious that less complexity is great for performance.

They didn't wanted better performance per se, they wanted less complexity to decrease development costs.

Did you aligned the gyro in the MIG19 during the cold start? Nopes. That's it dude.

What fantastic radar has the MiG-19! Better than 21 some people say. What do you think? Better modeled too?

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

Edited by Sajarov
  • Like 1

:megalol:

It is not an excellent job dude. This is DCS, not Flight simulator or Ace combat.

They have better performance because their aircrafts are less complex. With less simulated systems or very simplified, CPU workload is much lower than complex and fully simulated modules.

So it's obvious that less complexity is great for performance.

They didn't wanted better performance per se, they wanted less complexity to decrease development costs.

Did you aligned the gyro in the MIG19 during the cold start? Nopes. That's it dude.

What fantastic radar has the MiG-19! Better than 21 some people say. What do you think? Better modeled too?

Does that theory hold up when the modules sit cold on the ramp too?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Curios myself, so just a quick test, sitting in a clean mission on the ramp, hot and cold at Sochi, all with a 90 FOV, fps settled, viewpoint moved back and forth to make sure position didnt influence fps - it didnt.

Cold	        Hot                   % of Cold
Harrier			136		124			91
Mirage			134		122			91
Hornet			118		102			86
Falcon			128		110			86
Tomcat*			110		75/103

* Tomcat would sit at 103 when hot on ramp, but every 2-3 seconds it would dump to 75'ish and come back to 103 over the next second or so.

- Hot is started Hot on ramp.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Does that theory hold up when the modules sit cold on the ramp too?
Not necessarily.

Razbam is very good, in fact, the best in 3D modeling and texturing. So they can have better FPS in cold state.

:megalol:

The model is most of the performance in DCS.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."