A10-C Game vs Sim

BallsOFire

So I bought A-10C after spending some time with the FC3 A-10A, P51 & F5E. I'm not prepared to invest the time and effort to learn the A-10C hardcore, I bought it mostly thinking it might have a more advanced flight model than the A-10A from FC3.

Does anyone know how the flight models compare between the two modules and if it changes if you use the Game profile in A-10C?

I like realism in terms of flight, just don't enjoy or have time to learn all the systems management. Flame away. :D

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR

as with most things in life the more you put in the more you get back - it's a module worth learning.

I do think alot of people over egg the hardness of the A10c to learn however if you have a background in sims (falcon 4, BMS etc) and a good base knowledge of systems then its pretty easy to pick up quickly.

No idea about flight model dynamics as find FC3 aircraft painful and no interest in them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

PS - i should have said having a decent hotas though is a must with min 3. 4 way hat switches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Does anyone know how the flight models compare between the two modules and if it changes if you use the Game profile in A-10C?

As far as I know, both aircraft use the exact same flight model. Note that I have like 5 minutes in the FC3 A-10A and... a few more hours in the A-10C, so I can't compare them with any certainty.

But IRL, the 2 jets are almost identical in terms of flying characteristics. The difference is in the systems and avionics.

In DCS, the other big difference is that the A-10A is not clickable, while the A-10C is.

I assume that game flight mode is also identical between the 2 modules, but I don't know for certain.

In any case, if you purchased the A-10C for the flight model, I think you're out of luck.

But, seeing as you already own the module anyway, I strongly believe it is worth learning. :thumbup:

So I bought A-10C after spending some time with the FC3 A-10A, P51 & F5E. I'm not prepared to invest the time and effort to learn the A-10C hardcore, I bought it mostly thinking it might have a more advanced flight model than the A-10A from FC3.

I like realism in terms of flight, just don't enjoy or have time to learn all the systems management. Flame away. :D

Best module in the game, I'd recommend you reward yourself by learning the aircraft. She's a beauty and while challenging at first to understand terminology, system integration, etc - once you learn it, you'll never forget it. In my opinion, it also makes learning other modules easier. You can do it!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

One is a port from LOMAC and the other was built from the ground up as a training simulator for the airforce and released as a study sim for the public.

They do not compare to each other, in systems, FM flight model, DM damage model, weapon employment etc etc.

One is a port from LOMAC and the other was built from the ground up as a training simulator for the airforce and released as a study sim for the public.

They do not compare to each other, in systems, FM flight model, DM damage model, weapon employment etc etc.

I'm somewhat surprised that the USAF contracted out a fairly high fidelity flight sim contract to a Russia software company.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'm somewhat surprised that the USAF contracted out a fairly high fidelity flight sim contract to a Russia software company.

I have no idea, and wouldn't even want to speculate how that happened. But you don't really see too many American companies making these types of study sims (Arma3, the Czech gamea also has a military version of their software). But again who knows, there could possibly be 2 dozen American companies also providing training sims and its just classified info.