Question: Troops pickup from ships

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to set up troops on the Oliver Perry or Ticonderoga to be picked up and transported by the Mi-8? In Mission Editor I tried putting some troops as close as I could to the Oliver Perry, but the editor keeps telling me "troops need to be on the ground" or something like that. I guess that answers my question, but I'd like to find out if anyone has found a way around this editor limitation...

Thanks,

Doc

I would guess it can be done via some triggers and scripting, but probably not with actual soldiers standing on the deck. Maybe more like soldiers just appear embarked on the Helo once you land.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Would be great if you could just add soldiers to the deck of Tarawa .I tried but you can't add ground vehicles to ship as that's what soldiers are classed under.Like you've said it's probably possible via scripting etc to have them embark once landing on ship initiating trigger. I have a squad mate who only fly's choppers and makes all our squadron Helo mission's, when he's on next I'll ask him about it for you.:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Would be great if you could just add soldiers to the deck of Tarawa .I tried but you can't add ground vehicles to ship as that's what soldiers are classed under.Like you've said it's probably possible via scripting etc to have them embark once landing on ship initiating trigger. I have a squad mate who only fly's choppers and makes all our squadron Helo mission's, when he's on next I'll ask him about it for you.:thumbup:

I haven't tried adding troops to a carrier - maybe it'll work. I'll try later tonight and report back. Thank you all!!

Doc