English Cockpit available?

GazAce

Hey there good folks

I bought the Black Shark in a box years ago and thankfully was my first introduction to DCS World. I had some arcade style fun with it as in auto targeting in easy flying mode but nothing serious. Years later I was side tracked by A-10C and in the last year or so the Hornet. I stayed loyal and purchased Black Shark 2 and now I'm feeling ready to learn something new but kinda don't know where to start other than reading DCS manual and Chucks guide too. I'm just wondering if a English Cockpit is available as this would make switches and instruments more easily recognisable to help along with my start up training and other tasks and procedures.

:book:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Try this one, its been a while but it should still work:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602834/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Try this one, its been a while but it should still work:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/602834/

Hey thanks man, that's very kind. Much appreciated

:thumbup:

DUH! Doofus me!

It's already available in Options Special then Customize Cockpit drop down tab.

No mods needed, I just noticed it after I posted but thanks a bunch anyway. And wow! So much better now!

:thumbup:

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I prefer the devrims English cockpit mod, using Ricardo's blue pit. Makes the gauges much easier to see in vr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

And the button-lights and cockpit-lights in Ricardo blue cockpit actually work...

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

And the button-lights and cockpit-lights in Ricardo blue cockpit actually work...

I had forgotten about that. After i went to ricardo blue, i kinda forgot all the things that irritated me about the old pit till i tried it again.

Look, bs3 overhaul may have better textures that original bs2, but unless a blue cockpit option is included im keeping my current cockpit mod for as long as it still works

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I had forgotten about that. After i went to ricardo blue, i kinda forgot all the things that irritated me about the old pit till i tried it again.

Look, bs3 overhaul may have better textures that original bs2, but unless a blue cockpit option is included im keeping my current cockpit mod for as long as it still works

I’m definitely going to get this Mod now. I kept pushing those Auto buttons when in fact they were already on?

:book:

Is ED going to have an English option built in for BS3?

Why should they remove the already existing English cockpit for the Shark?:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Why should they remove the already existing English cockpit for the Shark?:huh:

They completely rebuilt the cockpit geometry for the upcoming BS3 module so that means that all older texture maps will need to rebuilt from scratch. The said that the BS3 module will initially be released with only Russian textures but later on they will provide an English version.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4206452&postcount=1

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

It should also be noted that the switches are in the same place in the new cockpit, so surely by now everyone knows where they are? (And will have most of the important ones mapped to a HOTAS button anyway)

Don't you think (or even hope, as do I) that this Ka50 "revamp" will attract new pilots to the Shark ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

It should be noted that ED only provided a Russian cockpit at initial release. The current English cockpit was basically a third party mod that was incorporated into the official product. So technically ED has never produced an English cockpit for BS1 or BS2.

I don't care whether the English cockpit is from ED or 3rd party. It's available in the package from ED, no mod required. I use it and I have no problem with it.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have an english cockpit already. Unless I'm using an addon from before or something?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Fingers crossed that some dedicated soul grabs the textures on release and does a quick and dirty re-labelling

I'm really puzzled by what you're saying. Under Options/Special, select Ka-50 and there should be a dropdown labelled "Customized Cockpit" where you can select "English". And not only the labels are in English, but also the ABRIS display content.

I looked for the files and they are under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_3\english". The files there are all dated 20-FEB-2020 so they have obviously been put there by the latest update.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think he posted that before the update dropped.

No, Sir! I'm on 2.5.6.43931 and I have the English cockpit.

LeCuvier

I'm really puzzled by what you're saying. Under Options/Special, select Ka-50 and there should be a dropdown labelled "Customized Cockpit" where you can select "English". And not only the labels are in English, but also the ABRIS display content.

I looked for the files and they are under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_3\english". The files there are all dated 20-FEB-2020 so they have obviously been put there by the latest update.

I came this across and all the above i did, but my ABRIS is still in Russian. The rest looks good.

Known problem?