Mi8 Oilfield Campaign Mission 2

Has anyone else flown this campaign recently?

Mission 2 has an objective to deliver cargo to an outpost, but the outpost is all in the trees. Previously, before an update, the mission was doable because the outpost was in the clearing, now that it is in the trees you cannot land or pick up a sling load.

Is the mission doable?

Is there a way I can edit the buildings and fix this mission?

I have asked the devs and for almost a year and a half....nothing.

Yes I submitted a ticket with pics..

So...can I edit the mission to fix this or do I trash this campaign?

Thanx in advance..

Elwood

1980955849_Pic1.jpg.0e44b4ef7628f58945da47c8e265368a.jpg

pic2.thumb.jpg.53e8189bd1f7aab7ed472a0250a3e2f1.jpg

Edited by Elwood_Blues

In the mission editor there is an option to clear a circular region from trees. I did that for a few missions of the Huey'S U.N. campaign. But those mission files were not encrypted, so I don't know if that works for the payware missions too.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Does not work...no option to save

Well..the mission must be encoded or protected since I cannot save or save the file as.

If there is a DCS Mod reading this...can you get with the creator and ask him to unlock or fix the dang thing?

This is my third attempt at trying to fix this in the past 2 years.....

Has anyone else flown this campaign recently?

Yes, successfully.

Mission 2 has an objective to deliver cargo to an outpost, but the outpost is all in the trees.

Your pictures are of the oil rig in the middle (given away by the stream to the south east), you are NOT supposed to land there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209117&stc=1&d=1555931226

Previously, before an update, the mission was doable because the outpost was in the clearing, now that it is in the trees you cannot land or pick up a sling load.

AFAIK Mission 2 hasn't been updated since 6th June 2019 and the last change to the campaign's encryption was in October

Is the mission doable?

Yes, navigate to R- 325 rig and then to R-67 rig.

Is there a way I can edit the buildings and fix this mission?

The mission doesn't need fixing, you need to reset the doppler navigation at the subbase and check your course and heading before looking for R-325.

Do you know how to use the Mi-8's Doppler system i.e.

• What is the distance when you find the rig in the trees (the rig in the trees is 22 km from the subbase, while the first destination, R-325, is 33 km) ?

• What course deviation does it show (the mission has a crosswind that will blow you off course, unless you compensate.) ?

Perhaps Smudge's Video might help :

Editing and Running a Copy of Mission 2

You can edit some of mission 2 by putting a copy of "02_Oilfield.miz" in "Saved Games\DCS\Missions" and opening it / editing it in the Mission Editor.

As the mission file is "protected", you can't save a copy but you can run the edited version from the Mission Editor i.e. change the F10 map options to see all the rigs, etc.

I have asked the devs and for almost a year and a half....nothing.

Yes I submitted a ticket with pics..

BST do not make the Oilfield campaign, Layvinas does.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239467

So...can I edit the mission to fix this or do I trash this campaign?

Moving the unnamed rig to nearby open fields won't move the landing zones/triggers for unloading passengers, etc., you'll still need to navigate to the correct rig and not the first one you fly near.

R-325 in DCS 2.5.5.40647

rcfK58M.jpg

OYSFHwl.jpg

jaVFybe.jpg

R-67 in DCS 2.5.5.40647

BCORNRM.jpg

Edited by Ramsay
Add link to Smudge's video, rather than record my own play through.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 5 weeks later...