Auto Pilot changed after up date ?

TheOtherSider

Howdy, I had not been on DCS for a couple of months( recovering from a surgery) I am liking the new Hog update, sharper clearer and more clickies. But the AP mode dosn't seem to be functioning properly. All modes seem to be only wanting to hold HDNG/ALT I can't get it to hold my bank angle and orbit because it wants to fly wing level. Also it seems like I have to be wing level to engage auto pilot, and pitch up or down will not let me engage AP. Has something changed here ooooorr ?

Just tested it. It works as usual.

To fly a circle at a choosen radius, you must bring the auto pilot switch on the left console to the "down" position.

The view in 2D is a bit blocked since the cockpit update.

But anyhow, it is not bugged.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

It sounds like you keep the LASTE AUTOPILOT switch in the center ALT/HDG position before activating the autopilot.

Set it to PATH in order to maintain the heading (allows for pitch up or down), or set it to ALT to maintain bank angle, before activating the autopilot.

If you use the TM Warthog, you should also double check that the switch in the virtual pit gets updated according to your actual switch setting; sometimes this does not work right away.

If the problem persists, please post a short track to demonstrate the problem, and let us know the DCS version you're flying (it is shown in the lower right corner of the DCS main screen and should probably read something like 2.5.5.nnnnn or 2.5.6.nnnnnn).

Oh, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Howdy, I had not been on DCS for a couple of months( recovering from a surgery) I am liking the new Hog update, sharper clearer and more clickies. But the AP mode dosn't seem to be functioning properly. All modes seem to be only wanting to hold HDNG/ALT I can't get it to hold my bank angle and orbit because it wants to fly wing level. Also it seems like I have to be wing level to engage auto pilot, and pitch up or down will not let me engage AP. Has something changed here ooooorr ?

Agree with the others - sounds like you might be missing the step of choosing which autopilot assist you are desiring. Starboard of the AP Engage/Disengage button, 3 way position switch for ALT, ALT/HDG, PATH. The AP control panel is just aft of the throttles.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks !, Yeah I was in track IR and now the new ejection handles kinda block my view of the AP panel. I was flipping it up instead of down. Once I got into Vr and was able to look around the new office properly I realized I was missing the setting( and for got which I needed to hold orbit!) I have to congrats ED on the job well done. In VR the new touches in the Hog take the immersion level to a new high!

And thanks Yurgon. It has been a slow but steady recovery !