Module install pop ups when starting the game

uscstaylor

Hey Gents

For some reason when I start my game which is a fresh install of 2.5. I get these pop ups of the modules asking me to activate the module even though they been activated for a long time...it's not all modules just some of them.

It's very annoying everytime I start my game especially the mig21. Can some explain how to fix this...

the new protection system for some of the modules makes them call home (I think from memory every 4 days) just click activate then yes (from memory) then they wont appear again until next time.

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I was running the game on full screen. I had a couple of these modules pop-ups appear, however they appeared BELOW the active game window and wouldn't let me alt-tab into them. The game window stayed active focus and seemed to hold on the loading graphic.

CRTL-ALT-DEL didn't even work.

I only noticed the activation window because I restarted my PC and noticed it open in the shutdown list.

Switching the game to windowed allowed me to alt-tab into the activation modals, however they still appeared below the active game window.

Hey Gents

For some reason when I start my game which is a fresh install of 2.5. I get these pop ups of the modules asking me to activate the module even though they been activated for a long time...it's not all modules just some of them.

It's very annoying everytime I start my game especially the mig21. Can some explain how to fix this...

As long as you don't press "ctrl", "shift" or "alt" while DCS is starting up, these messages shouldn't appear.

These Messages seem to pop up regardless if I touch my keyboard or not especially the Mig-21....Its driving me crazy..Evey time I start my game...I did fresh install to and its still happening. Is there something in a game file I can change or block..

Razor Ill try it again and turn my keyboard off then Ill take screens and post what it says...

I had it ask for keys for mods I didn’t even have so i went into the installed module tab and deactivated the ones causing problem

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

That's all well and good but I have the ones its asking for...I just want to figure this out. Technically it shouldn't be happening to a fresh install of the game...Can I block the Phone home thing via my firewall or something. Maybe someone from ED can chime in on this.

I start my game up and I usually get the Mig-21 popup. I did have a fix that ED support sent me for the mig but it never worked.. So now I have been getting popups for the FW-190, the WWII assets pack, Mig-21 and the F-86 and the Huey...I am getting tired of having to reactivate these modules only to have it happen again 4-5 days from that last time I did it. There has to be a fix..

I get these pop ups of the modules asking me to activate the module even though they been activated for a long time.

Have you actually gone in to Module Manager and checked the modules there?

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Click on the installed tab and make sure all your sliders are to the right showing they are activated. See the screenshot. If they are not like that, you need to activate them from the right side of the screen.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f10f48338b89c3002cb03730f87fc665.jpg

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

This is happening to me quite a bit as well lately. However it's not the Mig 21 that keeps popping up for activation it's the Viggen for some reason and sometimes the F 5 Tiger as well. I've checked my mods in the manager and all are activated.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.