Pirouette logic FCS

aceofspades9963

Sustain AoA over 24 degrees and full stick and pedals in the same direction.

Thanks Matt, I've tried this several times though and the airspeed decays so quickly (I'm attempting it in a climb rather than a high rate turn?) by the time I get anywhere near the require AoA nothing seems to happen and I end up on my back with no control?

Do you have a video of how the controls look and what it should look like from inside the pit/outside?

Any tips like entry speed/weights you could share? :joystick:

Cheers

James

you sound like you're starting from level flight and pulling upwards

pedal turns are initiated from a downhill flightpath so that nosehigh attitude has you looking towards the horizon.

you need to be in a noselow and slow state before you can start it, which is why in airshow demos the pirouette is set up from the top of a half loop.

Flat20Pirouette.jpg

in a sense the pedal turn is a slow downhill snaproll that is pushed through by gravity

108158main_harv_rd4_330.jpg

Edited by probad

you sound like you're starting from level flight and pulling upwards

pedal turns are initiated from a downhill flightpath so that nosehigh attitude has you looking towards the horizon.

you need to be in a noselow and slow state before you can start it, which is why in airshow demos the pirouette is set up from the top of a half loop.

Flat20Pirouette.jpg

in a sense the pedal turn is a slow downhill snaproll that is pushed through by gravity

108158main_harv_rd4_330.jpg

Brilliant, thanks probad that's really helpful. Something else to practice:thumbup::joystick: