SU-25T CCIP/CCRP Selection?

LeCuvier

I ran the training missions for CCIP and CCRP bombing, but there is no indication how to select between these two modes. Also nothing in the flight manual. Someone please tell me!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

CCRP and CCIP is automaticly selected depending on the flight parameters

If you are level, then it is most likely in CCRP. The symbol for it is just a circle. If you press weapons release, then the symbol will change to a diamond and the bomb isn't dropped immediately.

If you are diving and see a vertical line above the circle, it is CCIP. If you press weapons release, the weapon will be released immediately.

Thanks!

Thanks for your answers; all very helpful!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

does it apply to the A Grach?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When you select a bomb, the circle pops up on the lower edge of your HUD. You ideally want to start your approach at range and altitude and identify your target early. Press and hold 'weapon release' just as this circle passes over the target and it will turn to a diamond, the ticker on the left will begin counting down to weapon release. At this point, you must manually fly in over the top of your target straight and level.

I do not remember if the combat autopilot can be engaged without a Shkval lock, I think so. If so, press A and the aircraft will automatically adjust to fly over the targeted area for a hands free bombing run. If the autopilot doesn't engage and begin the flyover, then lock the target with your Shkval and it will definitely work.

CCIP bombing is when you approach near the target and dive into it. As your nose comes down, at some point the reticle will move up away from the edge of the HUD, indicating the projected impact point. Press and release 'weapon release' to discharge your payload, assuming you're on target, relatively stable, not banking, and close enough, your bombs will land =/= the designated spot. The dive angle at which this happens will vary depending on your speed and altitude.

Both modes may be tweaked with the weapon control panel to set number of weapons released, and the intervals between them.

If you know what you're doing, you can carpet bomb a long stretch or you can release a dozen bombs all at once for extra fireworks.

There's also some neat stuff you can do with your laser designator, but they are pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. Like slaving your gunpods to it, so they autodepress as you fly over a target.

-edit

The A variant is only capable of CCIP bombing.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

thanks Zhukov

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The A variant can make some sort of CCRP.

Using the the laser ragefinder to lock a spot on the floor and keeping the trigger pressed makes the weapons control to enter a preselected target designated mode with a deviation cue in the HUD and a timmer in the semicircle.

So yes, the A variant has a CCRP mode.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It switches automatically based on AoA.

It has nothing to do with AoA. When the weapons computer calculates that the impact point will be somewhere within the area of the HUD, it will indicate so and switch to CCIP as CCRP is no longer relevant or useful.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

It has nothing to do with AoA. When the weapons computer calculates that the impact point will be somewhere within the area of the HUD, it will indicate so and switch to CCIP as CCRP is no longer relevant or useful.

Out of curiosity, is this a Flaming Cliffs feature or an Su-25T feature?

You mean is this a DCS or real life thing? My money is on it being the way a real HUD works in a real aircraft. It's not magic for a computer to automatically switch modes based on the situation. It's a simple mater of "if IP is within bounds of HUD then display IP and authorize release, otherwise calculate a RP based on piper location at time of activation". The computer always knows which mode to use as it's what's doing the calculating.

And it's not an SU-25T thing, it's an SU-25anymodel thing.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

Man, surfing youtube to try and find a HUD tape showing a bombing run makes you think the only two aircraft in the world are F-16s and A-10s. What's up with that...

So far it looks like Western HUDs don't switch automatically.

Edited by Sideslip

That is a western HUD. Actually more specifically an Israeli HUD and avionics.

Edited by Sideslip