Cluster bombs in nevada

metzger

They do work for me. Can you describe whats going on on your side?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edit: viewing from the phone, didnt see the whole title. I didnt tried them in nevada.

No issues in caucasus tho, but in nevada they simply doesn't hit anything. You can see just some minor firearms on the ground and no damage at all.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to be sure, you are absolutely positive that the you are not doing anything wrong right? And im not trying to be a smartass or anything, jsut wanna be sure.

I would try it right now but i didnt install nevada after i did a clean re install of my windows.

Still, if nobody answers your question ill reinstall nevada and try it tomorrow

oh and a track would help i think.

Edited by kylekatarn720

Well just drop a cbu on top of the targets in nevada target range default mission and it doesn't hit them at all and I see some firearms but no hits. tried to switch the camera to the bomb, and the bomblets simply create some firearms but no hits on the targets.

I am currently without a monitor, only with rift so I am not sure if a track will work but I can try later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whic cbu you are using? If its one of the guided ones, did you set spi before you release them? Did you change the hof setting? Maybe the wind is too strong for the selected hof and bomblets gets carried away

Edited by kylekatarn720

I´ve post in another thread about the CBU-105 but i will repeat here my experience.

12 BTR-60. CCRP mode. 9000 Feet. No profile changes, nothing edited or changed. no wind

One CBU-105 released: 6 BTR destroyed.

Second CBU-105 released: 5 BTR destroyed.

Nothing wrong here.

Clean mission edited by me. Not using any stock mission.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Will try to get track later.

Cbu87 default target practice in nevada quick missions.

No changes to hof or rpm, drop precisely above 3 tanks, no impacts.

I am able to kill them with mk82s with direct hits so wind should be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yeah, cbu on the target practice mission hardly ever hits anything for me either, I quit playing that and just made my own weapons training mission.
Have to try other missions then. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Default mission?

Well just drop a cbu on top of the targets in nevada target range default mission (...)

I am sorry, default mission?

Anyway, just tested that with 6 units on the ground in diamond formation plus one BTR 300ft to the left of the diamond. HOF 1800ft minimum drop altitude 3000ft, CCRP mode. All targets destroyed plus many more ground hits.

Are you definitely sure you did not miss the target area?

As Esac_mirmidon said - custom mission here as well.

Anyway, what "stock" or "default" mission you are talking about guys?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

attach the mission in question or a track showing the problem, I am happy to take a look

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

attach the mission in question or a track showing the problem, I am happy to take a look

It is the mission included with Nevada by default.

Click on Missions -> A10C -> Weapon Practice

There are 3 groups of targets marked by smokes. Go for the one on the right, which contains some soft targets. What I see when I watch the bomb fall from the F6 view, only some sparks cover the ground, no explosions are visible and the life bars in the F10 view show the units in full strength.

• ED Team

Hi

Just had a look, BTR 80 are not soft targets, the CBU 87 should be used on soft target's and infantry.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is the mission included with Nevada by default.

Click on Missions -> A10C -> Weapon Practice

There are 3 groups of targets marked by smokes. Go for the one on the right, which contains some soft targets. What I see when I watch the bomb fall from the F6 view, only some sparks cover the ground, no explosions are visible and the life bars in the F10 view show the units in full strength.

Yes this.

Hi

Just had a look, BTR 80 are not soft targets, the CBU 87 should be used on soft target's and infantry.

Thanks for checking and sorry for bothering, my issue :doh:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

With respect the BTR series of armored personnel carriers are certainly soft targets. They were designed to protect embarked crewmen and infantry from artillery fragments and small arms. The BTR-80 features slightly more armor, to the point it can supposedly deflect 12.7mm projectiles, but by no means would that make it a hard target, nor should its top armor be in anyway capable of preventing a BLU-97/B shaped charge from achieving penetration.

While I'll grant they're less effective against heavily armored hard targets like MBTs, The BTR and BMP are precisely the sort of targets the CBU-87 was designed to defeat.

• ED Team

I've always considered vehicles like trucks and jeeps as soft targets in game.

you can have better success with them when adjusting the HOF

Edited by BIGNEWY

I've always considered vehicles like trucks and jeeps as soft targets in game.

you can have better success with them when adjusting the HOF

My own understanding is that a hard target would be something like a bunker or a tank: heavily armored and resistant to most forms of attack. Something like a BMP, BTR, MTLB would qualify as soft targets: they are sufficiently armored to protect against small arms and artillery shrapnel, but are vulnerable to direct fire by HMGs or autocannons.

Regardless of naming semantics, the BLU-97 submunition is designed primarily as an anti tank weapon. It's primary weapons effect is courtesy of a shaped charge, as opposed to earlier purpose built HE-Frag sub munitions designed for use against unarmored targets and infantry. Its utility against hardened targets like MBTs is debatable, but it should have no problems penetrating most APCs fielded by the former Soviet Union.