Red Air?

Lace

Am I missing something here? People seem (rightly so) excited about the first full-fidelity red-air module, but other than the Chinese origin what makes this any more an 'adversary' than other modules? The PAF also use F-16s (granted not blk50) but nobody lauded that as a red-air module.

The JF-17 uses imperial units and NATO/US weaponry. Other than the cannon and engines there is nothing much I can see which makes it any more valid as red-air than any other module? To me it looks like a cheap Viper replacement for many existing real-world operators.

I will admit my ignorance here, I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

From quick start....

“Maybe you guys think JF-17 is a “REDFOR” fighter jet, but in fact from design to operation this is a typical “BLUEFOR” fighter. If you want to experience true “REDFOR”, please wait for our next module... I’m not sure why Chengdu still kind of conserved about the control stick, maybe just because the stick has enough buttons. But for the throttle grip, they decided just choose this thing...”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hasn't there been speculation that Iran is looking to purchase them?

Not too likely unless sanctions on Iran are lifted. But as far as interest goes. Many countries are interested in this plane because it's so cheap and customizable, a solid base for an indigenous fighter program. However geopolitics is why we can't have things nice or otherwise.

China/US/Russia involved in its development,

and it brings the world three teams:

PAF Thunder team,

CAC Thunder team,

and the last, Deka Ironwork Simulations :)

It's a legend already.

We simulated it for the stories behind it, not itself only.

Edited by L0op8ack

China/US/Russia involved in its development,

and it brings the world three teams:

PAF Thunder team,

CAC Thunder team,

and the last, Deka Ironwork Simulations :)

It's a legend already.

We simulated it for the stories behind it, not itself only.

Last team best team. Sold more modules than first two combined XD Also jet quality better than first two teams.

Hasn't there been speculation that Iran is looking to purchase them?

Or the saudis and other gulf states or the morrocans, maybe even veneuzela IIRC.

Honestly, the great thing about it is it can be "anything" in theory, its an export fighter.

Given the lack of "red" air modules I think it will be almost exclusively used in that role for the time being.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

From quick start....

“Maybe you guys think JF-17 is a “REDFOR” fighter jet, but in fact from design to operation this is a typical “BLUEFOR” fighter. If you want to experience true “REDFOR”, please wait for our next module... I’m not sure why Chengdu still kind of conserved about the control stick, maybe just because the stick has enough buttons. But for the throttle grip, they decided just choose this thing...”

That sounds exciting. :thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well it would probably be more appropriate to call "purple" than red. The main thing though is that it is the most not blue modern full fidelity fighter we have. I've certainly caused headaches with the mig-21 for hornet drivers online, but if they're flying their 18's how they should be I shouldn't stand a chance in the 21. This is a believable redfor that wouldn't be out of place on the Iran side of the map. I've also been assuming Georgia has bought some to use against Russia for missions I've made too though.

Well it would probably be more appropriate to call "purple" than red. The main thing though is that it is the most not blue modern full fidelity fighter we have. I've certainly caused headaches with the mig-21 for hornet drivers online, but if they're flying their 18's how they should be I shouldn't stand a chance in the 21. This is a believable redfor that wouldn't be out of place on the Iran side of the map. I've also been assuming Georgia has bought some to use against Russia for missions I've made too though.

Look at Pakistan terrain on google. They have both caucasus terrain and pg terrain and some wierd shit from Mars too.

Look at Pakistan terrain on google. They have both caucasus terrain and pg terrain and some wierd shit from Mars too.

LOL. All too true.

Technically I think Pakistan might be on the very very far edge of the PG map (no airbases or anything)

As for terrain types, yes its highly varied.

Exactly this. Its "red" because it can plausibly be "red" and its modern, so its gonna be "red" since all the other modern modules are much more plausibly "blue".

I just wish blueflag would re-balance their scenario so that now that the JF17 is out they can stop having iranian M2K's and F16's and have the gulf states that actually fly them get em.

I don't know why we bother to apply logic to this blufor redfor shit. I mean Pakistan is much closer to Saudi and UAE than Iran in real life and can be expected to lean "blue" in conflict. I think they also have troops deployed in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia airforce, army and navy trains in Pakistan. Although they were smart enough to not get involved in the Yemen shitshow.

I don't know why we bother to apply logic to this blufor redfor shit. I mean Pakistan is much closer to Saudi and UAE than Iran

With regards to the JF-17 specifically, it shot down an Iranian drone in 2017. It also took part in Anatolian Eagle 2019, which AFAIK isn't open to "redfor".

DCS needs more modern planes on the red side for balance though, and with the restrictions on those ever coming along, I guess it's the easiest choice to place the JF-17 there. :shrugs:

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I don't know why we bother to apply logic to this blufor redfor shit. I mean Pakistan is much closer to Saudi and UAE than Iran in real life and can be expected to lean "blue" in conflict. I think they also have troops deployed in Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia airforce, army and navy trains in Pakistan. Although they were smart enough to not get involved in the Yemen shitshow.

Wow. Your taking it a little harshly I think. Well fly it only as Pakistan or Myanmar and you're all set:thumbup:

About the only "red" logic is that its an export fighter. And IIRC Iran was interested in buying it one point, along with half the planet, so it can "fit" pretty much anywhere.

And this being an Aviation forum, not a geopolitical forum (and thank god for that) I don't think most members have a clue on the political alignment(s) of Pakistan or the Gulf states on the world stage.

Off topic

I've certainly caused headaches with the mig-21 for hornet drivers online, but if they're flying their 18's how they should be I shouldn't stand a chance in the 21.

Funny you should mention that. Only yesterday I lost 2 F-35s to IRAF MiG-21s in a C:MO scenario.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

About the only "red" logic is that its an export fighter. And IIRC Iran was interested in buying it one point, along with half the planet, so it can "fit" pretty much anywhere.

And this being an Aviation forum, not a geopolitical forum (and thank god for that) I don't think most members have a clue on the political alignment(s) of Pakistan or the Gulf states on the world stage.

Then give it to everyone. Why redfor exclusive? 17 to 17 IFF would be an interesting thing to deal with.

Then give it to everyone. Why redfor exclusive? 17 to 17 IFF would be an interesting thing to deal with.

Its not exclusive in-game you can put it on whatever coalition you want, its up to server owners and their scenario.

At least the MP servers I'm on, the logic is to one plane on one side another on the other side precisely to prevent Blue-on-Blue kills in WVR combat since we can barely ID airframes not low vis flag markings. Which of course doesn't touch on the intricacies of actual IFF issues people have. This is a big reason on blue flag that only iran gets the F14 as an example instead of both USN and Iran.

I mean no one wants some noob getting on that can't IFF start plonking down friendlies, especially after you spend 5-15 minutes doing a startup, getting fueled only to get bonked by some dude that has no clue. And this has happened to me online a decent bit on various servers so its not hypothetical.