[NOBUG] AIM-9X does not give you tone with JHMCS.

Airhunter

I see this is marked as [MISSING TRACK FILE] - I will not provide a track as I literally explained how to reproduce this 100% of the time, it does the same on a cold start or hot airstart (2 wingtip 9X's or double pylons on wings). A lot of my friends reporting the same as well. Please check it and fix it asap.

Thanks.

Mine does..... Did you by chance turn the helmet volume down? You wouldn’t get an RWR warning audio tones either - so guessing that’s a long shot... I flew for 10 hours yesterday and got multiple tones (of all three variety). Caged, uncaged, and beyond off boresight.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Mine does..... Did you by chance turn the helmet volume down? You wouldn’t get an RWR warning audio tones either - so guessing that’s a long shot... I flew for 10 hours yesterday and got multiple tones (of all three variety). Caged, uncaged, and beyond off boresight.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Volume knob is fine (maxed). Spamming cage/uncage doesnt do anything without a RDR track.

Volume knob is fine (maxed). Spamming cage/uncage doesnt do anything without a RDR track.

I was more referring to the audio options sub category in the menu, rather than the aircraft in cockpit volume knob on the left - but copy that.

No idea then sir, as it works just fine on the AIM-9X for me. Maybe a repair? Any mods? Seems odd as it isn’t the behavior experienced thru DCS on my side. Can have radar silenced and still get all tones.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I was more referring to the audio options sub category in the menu, rather than the aircraft in cockpit volume knob on the left - but copy that.

No idea then sir, as it works just fine on the AIM-9X for me. Maybe a repair? Any mods? Seems odd as it isn’t the behavior experienced thru DCS on my side. Can have radar silenced and still get all tones.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

I dont use or have ever used mods. Will do some more tests later. As a comparison the 9M + JHMCS gives tone and works how it should doing the exact same things/procedures.

NL, I’m afraid it doesn’t work correctly for me. I am away from my PC till Thursday, but when I get back I’ll post a track.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well, I'm not getting any tone on planes with it. Fix it.

After the mission is over today, I will do a quick flight and record it - then post a link today. See if it is anything close to what you are experiencing or not.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Not the cleanest "test" - but a quick sub 2 minute screen capture with audio of the AIM-9X in the Hornet, with JHMCS, without and just using boresight, then un-caging.... Not sure if you need something different to compare Airhunter - but seems to be functioning fine to me...

Please excuse the small amount of radio chatter occuring - but we were working on a beta dynamic mission in a MP server. I muted my mic, but didn't mute theirs. Shouldn't interfere with the tone from the seeker though.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Has always worked fine for me in the Hornet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

No worries, thanks for sharing.

No worries, always happy to try and assist. Hopefully I’ve done that for the OP.

Has always worked fine for me in the Hornet.

Same.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

OK guys, here is a track of what I see with the X (and the M/L).

For the first while, you can see that there is no high pitch tone when bandit in the boresight, yet whenever I uncage, the tone comes on. (I do this cage/uncage several times.)

Then I use ACM boresight mode, and the first time, it works OK with tone and the SHOOT cue appearing OK. That was very unusual for me, so I undesignated, still no high tone when caged, then activated ACM again, and there you can see there is no high tone and the SHOOT cue doesn't appear till after the missile is fired. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation here, but this behaviour has been marked as [REPORTED] in another thread, so I am a little confused.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think this is a different issue the OP is experiencing imacken.

Maybe, not sure, but don’t you think it’s all part of the issues with the sidewinders? Seems the same kind of thing to me.

Good point. You’re probably right!

Ok, here are the required tracks. I found some other issues while testing as well. The CAGE/Uncage button is super buggy, you end up needing to spam it to uncage the seeker. You can have tone, press uncage and it just loses tone when you press it. I also found the JF-17 having pretty low IR signature, even with the 9X I get tone pretty late which should not be the case.