RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Ejection command not working

May be a long shot but hopefully there is a solution

I switched to RS mapper from Joy2key due to windows not allowing my eject command (Lctrl eee) to work when i pul the ejection handle in my pit.

Now RS mapper is doing the same thing across all modules in DCS.

I am able to pull the handle 3 times consecutively to eject but obviously this isn't realistic. ive tried setting it as a long press as well to no effect. i have also tried changing the key in DCS to just E and resetting RS Mapper without the modifier to no avail either.

below is what i have:

Capture.JPG.863cb2627e0edd113e9838152c600609.JPG

Edited by Baldawg

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 2 weeks later...
May be a long shot but hopefully there is a solution

I switched to RS mapper from Joy2key due to windows not allowing my eject command (Lctrl eee) to work when i pul the ejection handle in my pit.

Now RS mapper is doing the same thing across all modules in DCS.

I am able to pull the handle 3 times consecutively to eject but obviously this isn't realistic. ive tried setting it as a long press as well to no effect. i have also tried changing the key in DCS to just E and resetting RS Mapper without the modifier to no avail either.

below is what i have:

I believe your best shot would be using sequences feature. There you can add specific interval you need for press / pause sequence to work. Due to some updates in DCS cockpits sometimes different press lengths are needed for DCS to register properly (seen this mostly in F/A-18 cockpit development - whenever they changed something some feature would not register regular key press).

I am sure that if you play around the duration / spacing of the key presses in Sequence editor it will work just fine :)

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Avatar, i just stumbled over your nice little RS Mapper and i'm experimenting with it.

But i did ran into a little problem which i can't solve (or might work differently as i think it does).

I'm using Cougar's Foxy for my programming where the S3 button on the Cougar (button 3 in RS Mapper) acts as a shift button to program another action under the same button.

Reading through the forum this needs to be done in RS Mapper with a profile change. However, i can't get it to work as i would like it to be, namely act as a true shift button like can be done with Foxy.

To do this i have 2 profiles, "DCS A-10C" and "DCS A-10C S3". Profile "DCS A-10C" is the non shifted action, profile "DCS A-10C S3" is shifted action.

For this i programmed button 3 to act as profile changer. On single press i change the profile to profile "DCS A-10C S3". Works fine.

But i also programmed button 3 to change it back to profile "DCS A-10C" on release.

This doesn't work (or i made a mistake). To make it change back to profile DCS A-10C i have to release button 3 (which then does nothing however it's programmed to change profile back to "DCS A-10C" on release), press it again (which then does nothing because pressing it changes to profile "DCS A-10C S3" and i'm already on profile "DCS A-10C S3"), release it a second time and only then it changes the profile to "DCS A-10C" again.

Is it normal that it doesn't change back to profile "DCS A-10C" on releasing the button for the first time?

yTU21ab.jpg

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I think you misunderstand the function of profiles. Once you single click S3 to change to another Profile, so that new Profile is a blank new one. Thus you need to create a new Button (S3) on that profile page in order to change back to the first Profile.

This is how I did it with 3 Profiles on my HOTAS Warthog (Boat Switch serves as Profile selector)

The middle Position is the "default" Profile which I simply haven´t renamed) and I need to move the Boat Switch in the forward position to change to my Combat Profile:

tX4atKI.png

To change back in to the default Position, I have to move the Boat Switch back to the middle Position

IRAHv9v.png

To change to the Start up Position I have to move the Boat Switch into the backward position

nO5r4RR.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I think you misunderstand the function of profiles. Once you single click S3 to change to another Profile, so that new Profile is a blank new one. Thus you need to create a new Button (S3) on that profile page in order to change back to the first Profile.

No i did not, i just thought it would work a bit differently.

I did create 2 profiles with each their own button 3 but i thought that if i press button 3 in profile 1, when it would switch to profile 2 (which it does) it would there pick up the already pressed button 3 and act again on the release of this button to switch back to profile 1. But you need to release and press again to make that work.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

tried creating a sequence but still have to pull the handle three times to operate. what i dont understand is that it was working prior to some point possibly a windows update or maybe something with DCS.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi

i want to chaff every 3 seconds

can i do this via rsmapper

didnt become the key sequenze feature

For once, I would greatly recommend using aircraft countermesure program to dispense correct chaff number instead of external program triggerring 3 presses of dispense button. Having said that, yes - you can program this using the RS Mapper tool

You can do it either by using 'repeat' feature in the action or by creating sequence and assigning it to the button of your choice.

Regards,

Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Thanks for the program, it's very useful, I use it on all modules on my TM HW.

Today I updated to the last 0.47 version and after that I noted that the repeat funtion is ineffective for Left Control + E (Eject). I use a real handle for ejection, not a joystick button, so I'm not able to put in and out this handle 3 times because after pulling it throws away, so this single press with repeat feature is essential for me, and now does not work, I'm forced to use the keyboard. Is it possible to revise this?

Thank you very much.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Pardon my stupidity, but I can not figure out how to get DCS to recognize this program. Is there something that needs to be imported or do I need to clear all bindings in game or something?

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi.

Today I updated to the last 0.47 version and after that I noted that the repeat funtion is ineffective for Left Control + E (Eject). I use a real handle for ejection, not a joystick button, so I'm not able to put in and out this handle 3 times because after pulling it throws away, so this single press with repeat feature is essential for me, and now does not work, I'm forced to use the keyboard. Is it possible to revise this?

Thank you very much.

Antonio.

I will look into it, is this problem visible in all modules or a particular one only?

Most likely it is related to the way certain in-cockpit delays work. As a temporary fix I'd suggest you create a sequence with longer press times (60-70 ms perhaps) and a 20-30 ms spacing and bind it to your device (instead of simple repeat action). Please let me know if that solved the problem.

Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pardon my stupidity, but I can not figure out how to get DCS to recognize this program. Is there something that needs to be imported or do I need to clear all bindings in game or something?

Salute,

no, if you clear all bindings ingame then you wont be able to control anythings.

Have you watched the Video in the first post? This explains it all actually.

This program has absolutely nothings to do with DCS except that it simulates Keyboard inputs. Thats why its important to NOT delete all key bindings ingame.

Lets take the key Combination for opening the Cockpit Canopy as an example here.

Ingame Key-combination is right Ctrl + C. So if you just want to use one switch on your Joystick for executing this command, so you have to assign this combination in a profile.

Make sure that RS Mapper will read out all connected hardware, then assign key combinations for certain functions according to the ingame controll settings and save this for this particular Module and voila...you´ve got your first profile. It´s then possible to use more devices in this Profile.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

no, if you clear all bindings ingame then you wont be able to control anythings.

Have you watched the Video in the first post? This explains it all actually.

Thanks Belle, I think I figured out the problem. I was using an old version. Once I downloaded the latest version it seems to be working with some small hiccups that is probably the module or ED related. Thanks again.

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I've posted this in the Home Cockpit forum put think I might get better results here.

I've purchased a few panels and have RSMapper up and running.

What I'm wondering is what methodology are you using to map your custom key commands?

IE: FLIR requirs "On", "STBY", and "OFF". If I map that to LAlt-1, LAlt-2, and LAlt-3, I can easily map through RSMapper to make it function properly. (This of course needs to be attached to a On/Off/On Switch).

Is there an easy way to keep what you've mapped organized? Is there a method to use to best ease the tedious task of looking through existing commands and moving forward?

I appreciate your time and input.

Thanks.

PS: Yes I have gone in game and gotten the HTML printout of the key commands. I'm doing this specific to the Hornet.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Avantar,

Thanks for addressing my Hook Bypass issue in .46. Really appreciated. Works great.

I'm wondering if you've ever considered or have the ability for custom "Device ID" settings? I'm using leo bodnar BBI-32 boards and they come up with their unique identifiers however I was thinking that if a guy could change either the Device ID or Device Name then I could set them to say "Sensor Panel" or the like? Could be I'm missing how to do it also.

As always, your response is greatly appreciated.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Avantar,

Thanks for addressing my Hook Bypass issue in .46. Really appreciated. Works great.

I'm wondering if you've ever considered or have the ability for custom "Device ID" settings? I'm using leo bodnar BBI-32 boards and they come up with their unique identifiers however I was thinking that if a guy could change either the Device ID or Device Name then I could set them to say "Sensor Panel" or the like? Could be I'm missing how to do it also.

As always, your response is greatly appreciated.

I second being able to assign Device names!

Gladman, I'm also using some Bodnar boards for my switch boxes. I've setup an F-86 pit of sorts, which obviously isn't as complicated as the Hornet.

Short answer to is there an easier way? I haven't found it yet, but when assigning key presses to various switches I use certain modifier combos for separate switch boxes, say front left box will use all LAlt + LCtrl + Key assignments whereas front right box will use RAlt + RCtrl + Key, Rear boxes will use L/R Shift + L/R Ctrl, or whatever. Helps me, anyway.

I was thinking along those lines Jocko417. Thanks for the response. I was also thinking of deleting all the key bindings and starting over. There really aren't that many to keep other than the stick commands.

I'll backup what I have now and start fresh. lol, dive in hard or go home right. :)

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hi.

Thank you very much.

Antonio.

I have this same exact issue. Ive tried using long press and another suggestion to no avail. Something changed in dcs windows or rsmapper that doesnt allow the repeat funtion to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded and installed RS Mapper but it won't Start/Open. Any suggestions?

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

I just downloaded and installed RS Mapper but it won't Start/Open. Any suggestions?

Replied in a private message, but maybe for somebody else's use:

1. RS Mapper requires .NET Framework to be installed in the system. If you don't have it then the program will not run (but in most cases you should see at least some error).

2. RS Mapper could have been blocked by system as a "not safe downloaded program" - did Windows ask you to confirm you want to run it?

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]